Back to forum
rss 141 weeks ago
Lately the forum has been flooded with "WIP: (my foolish shirt idea here)" It's getting ridiculous. They have a dedicated thread for your submissions. Don't make me make MJ ban you.
16Comments
    141 weeks ago
    Wait, do you mean people asking for opinions on their WIPs? I personally love those and don't see the problem with them at all. They're obviously works in PROGRESS so not ready to be submitted yet. What's the big deal?
    141 weeks ago
    I love the Work in Progress threads! Its always interesting to see designs evolve, and I believe the commentary can be helpful for everyone involved. I would certainly never wish them to stop.
    141 weeks ago
    I love the WIP threads too! There for a while the threads that were getting old were the "Looking for *particular shirt* to buy/sell/trade/etc" but those have slacked off lately since the grab bags have been several weeks ago.

The only so-called WIP threads that I get a bit tired of seeing are the ones that just say "What do you guys think of an idea with *character* and *other element*? I'm just seeing if there's interest in the idea, this isn't the final version" and sometimes insert a badly photoshopped or autotraced photograph that only took 2 minutes to put together. When the artist doesn't even seem to want to try to do any work unless they think their idea will make them rich, and even then hardly want to expend any effort. Those are the only ones that bother me.

Otherwise, I love to see WIPs! I'm always excited to see what ideas everyone has and their newest designs and artwork! That's the main reason I come to the forum, if not for that, then what would be the point of having a forum?
    141 weeks ago
    Sorry to double post, but one other point:
    If all of the WIPs were confined to just one thread it would be so annoying to have to scroll all the way through all the comments to see someone's new design or the feedback on it.
    141 weeks ago
    Surfercat35 said: Sorry to double post, but one other point:

If all of the WIPs were confined to just one thread it would be so annoying to have to scroll all the way through all the comments to see someone's new design or the feedback on it.

I wholeheartedly agree! I love the WIP threads! I always look for new ones every time I get on the forum. I think it's a great way to be able to get feedback on your designs.
    141 weeks ago
    Without all of the separate WIP threads, how is the original poster supposed to know if someone's commented on their design? Surfercat's right. What else are we supposed to post about?
    141 weeks ago
    I have had a few WIP threads...I do it because this community is different then one I hang with. So I need a different kind of input which can be provided here, then I would get from them. That said I can see dragbaby's point, we all don't want to be overrun with WIP threads. But if the work is serious looking enough then the feed back will be so as well. If it's not it gets ignored and will be forgotten in time.
    141 weeks ago
    dragbaby said: Don't make me make MJ ban you.

I think that's highly unlikely and you are being silly. Teefury rely on artists for their shirt designs. Even WinterArtwork, one of their biggest earning designers, posts his ideas here on the forums.

If you don't like the art, you don't have to comment. I don't suppose you read every [want to trade] post and no-one forces you to read the [wip] posts so calm down.

Artists want to reach the people that buy their shirts and many of the buyers like to be able give feedback on the designs before they are produced. Long may it continue.
    141 weeks ago
    I don't think it needs to be said, but just in case:

No, we're not going to ban anyone for posting a Work in Progress thread.

That's actually exactly what we've asked artists to do if they want to post their work, since we no longer have one official place for it.

That said, people might want to remember why we discontinued the official post- we stopped having one due to some recurring issues with people copying the ideas of other artists (sometimes with the intent of selling here, often to sell on other sites). So posters, be wary. But we won't stop you from posting :)
    141 weeks ago
    I come to this forum often for the WIPs so if I see anything I really like, I will be ready for when it is released on TeeFury.
    141 weeks ago
    Hey guys, this comment is still a WIP but can I get some feedback? Thanks!
    141 weeks ago
    I like the bit were the OP spoke down to people and then was wrong. Imean people post WTB thread when there be an official thread.
    Anyway I love WIP threads.
    141 weeks ago
    MJ said: I don't think it needs to be said, but just in case:

No, we're not going to ban anyone for posting a Work in Progress thread.

That's actually exactly what we've asked artists to do if they want to post their work, since we no longer have one official place for it.

That said, people might want to remember why we discontinued the official post- we stopped having one due to some recurring issues with people copying the ideas of other artists (sometimes with the intent of selling here, often to sell on other sites). So posters, be wary. But we won't stop you from posting :)

I just saw that on one of my pieces posted on deviantart, i was able to put a Creative Commons License on a WIP which makes the piece non-commercial(cannot be sold), non-derivative(cannot be altered) without original author's permission so would this make it safe from others who might steal our designs? im not a pro at copyright law or anything so idk :/
    141 weeks ago
    it won't keep thieves from stealing, but it certainly gives you legal ground to defend your copyrights if violated. more than the simple claim "- butI had the idea first" does
    141 weeks ago
    kgullholmen said: it won't keep thieves from stealing, but it certainly gives you legal ground to defend your copyrights if violated. more than the simple claim "- butI had the idea first" does
    so true
    139 weeks ago
    I love WIP threads! I often scroll through the forums to find them. They're good because it means we can give feedback on designs, so then we end up with shirts being sold on TeeFury that we actually like and have contributed to modifying to make them better. WIP threads are different to submissions thread, they serve a different purpose. I find the submissions thread annoying because people reply to posts so you have to see the same design over and over again and, while I'm not a TeeFury artist, I can understand that it would be hard to find feedback on your shirt when there's so many other artists seeking feedback in the same thread.