Back to forum
rss 141 weeks ago
I came up with this design, but I'm not sure if it's too subtle or if I should change it in any way. I'd like any advice possible.

Photobucket
16Comments
    141 weeks ago
    Awesome!!
    141 weeks ago
    The way 'crew' sits there is odd. Change 'and her' to '& her' or just '&'...?
    141 weeks ago
    Jackpot777 said: The way 'crew' sits there is odd. Change 'and her' to '& her' or just '&'...?

I even think it might be better without "with Capt Janeway and her crew"

I really like the idea, but right now this looks like a tourism poster, not so much a shirt.
    141 weeks ago
    What would you think of a more "I went to the Delta Quadrant and all I got..." or an "I survived the Delta Quadrant" idea?
    141 weeks ago
    DoctorWhy said: What would you think of a more "I went to the Delta Quadrant and all I got..." or an "I survived the Delta Quadrant" idea?

That might be cool too. I do like this design with the crew but I agree that it seems somewhat more like a poster than a shirt as it is now. I don't know, you might want to try a couple of those ideas and see how they look!

The other suggestion I have for this one is that their torsos might be a bit long, it seems like a lot of wasted space between their shoulders and the text at the bottom.
    141 weeks ago
    I revised the design to give it a look more deserving of a shirt, and also cleaned up Janeway's edges. (@Surfercat35) As for the big space, I wanted to keep Tuvok's (The one on the far left for those who don't know) hands in it. I will however, be chopping off the bottoms to get a more even line there. I'm still looking for any feedback you have

Photobucket
    141 weeks ago
    This is a great idea. The second design is definitely a step in the right direction. Voyage is the best Trek, in my opinion. I'm currently in the process of watching the entire series for the third or fourth time.

And thank goodness you included the EMH...I would have raised hell if you hadn't. Though I think you should include Paris instead of one of the men. Seeing as he's the pilot, and would actually be the one providing the transport home...just saying. Great design, though.

I'd love to see a tavern logo/sign design based on Paris' holodeck haunt, or even one of the EMH in medievil gear, holding a sword looking ready to fight and the phrase "Please state the nature of your medical emergency" below it. A throwback to the Beauwolf episode...
    140 weeks ago
    Any more advice or opinions?
    140 weeks ago
    Comment that goes BUMP in the night
    137 weeks ago
    It's been a while, but I came back to this design and decided to mess around with the background and their uniforms. I have two versions with slight alterations, and I also decided to see how they looked on Chuffy's new tee mockups, which were very well done. Anyway, I'd like to know what you think of these.

Photobucket

Photobucket
    137 weeks ago
    DoctorWhy said: Photobucket
    Glad you could make use of them. :)

I think your bottomless design is best. You're exceeding the color limit and that's a problem.
    I count...
    1. Black
    2. Command Red
    3. Medical Bluegreen
    4. Security Yellow
    5. Tuvok Dark Flesh tone
    6. Janeway etc Light Flesh tone
    7. Brown hair color - Janeway's hair
    8. White (yes, because you'll need white ink underbase all the other colors on a dark t-shirt. Something the printers have to do or the colors won't show)

That's 8 colors and the limit is 6.

How to reduce them. Lose colors 5, 6 & 7. Replace them with a darker brown.
    Tuvok's skin - halftone dark brown and white
    Janeway etc skin - halftone white, command red and dark brown (tricky, it'll take some clever mixing)
    Janeway's hair - halftone command red with dark brown.

It's gonna be tricky.
    137 weeks ago
    GAH! Chuffy beat me to it... pretty much ^this
    137 weeks ago
    dakin_costello said: GAH! Chuffy beat me to it... pretty much ^this

Mwuahaha... fear my evil color skills ;)
    137 weeks ago
    I don't understand the hand/blob over Janeway's shoulder.
    137 weeks ago
    I don't love the faceless design, and Chakotay smurfs (:P), but with that said... I would buy this just for being a voyager shirt so there ya go lol.

And yeah I'd lose the bottom writing, too messy to me.
    137 weeks ago
    ^
    btw I'd say replace him (if possible) with seven but that would probably only add to your color limit problems.