Back to forum
rss 141 weeks ago
On both of my tees there have been several comments saying they won't be bought because of the colour. Can we have a little survey on here of favourite colours please?

I wear a lot of white, grey and black. What's everyone elses choice?

12Comments
    141 weeks ago
    I think for many people, the pale colors are a no-no. For printed T-shirts in particular, it seems the preference is for something bold.

I'll happily wear most colors as well as black, white and grey, if it's a plain shirt. However, for printed T-shirts white usually just looks cheap and nasty.

Look back thru the Teefury gallery at all the designs on white shirts. Almost without exception they look inferior to the other designs and would have looked far better on a colored tee. The one that looked good recently (on cream), Theatre of the Rebellion, probably bombed in mens sizes.

In fact, I'd wager good money that your Slice of shell design would have sold more on the right color green shirt and that your Greyskull design would have sold way more on black. (incidentally, I mocked up both your designs in my paint package and both those look killer on those colors)

Very few designs work well on a pale shirt. Should you find one of your designs accepted in future, present it on the color background that works best.
    141 weeks ago
    If the shirt is either cream or colourful, I'm more likely to buy it - and of course most designs look pretty good on black. :)

For me personally, the only colour that really puts me off is Heather Grey.

I've seen a lot of people say that they don't like white shirts, and a few people say they don't like red shirts. White tends to look grubbier faster - I got a white shirt in one of the grab bags and after only a couple of washes its just not looking as nice as my others. Red shirts are awesome though imo! :)
    141 weeks ago
    hard to say, as it really depends on the design. for my own designs, I've been told that I seem to tend to odd colour choices for the shirts (like bright yellow or blue, army green or orange).

I personally prefer lighter, muted tones on the shirts I buy: grey, silver, heather grey, cream.just got WinterArtwork's HENCH shirt, it's silver and I think it's my favourite teefury colour ever ...

lot of people don't seem to like white too much, probably because it's too "normal" or "cheap" as Chuffy puts it, that's the only general trend I see. any other colour will get a fair amount of "not my colour comments", but I guess that's normal, not everyone likes the same colours.
    141 weeks ago
    All 3 comments noted. I have a couple of designs ready for subbing and want to get the tee colour right as they have a limited palette.
    141 weeks ago
    I myself don't wear light shirts often because they contrast with my darker skin tone. :) I don't know if other people do this as well.
    141 weeks ago
    i dont think the color makes a HUGE difference in overall popularity of design. Our "Long Live Charlie Pace" got pancakes with a white tee. I'm sure it would have done better simply by being on silver, but I wouldn't put everything on what color you think will sell best. Instead, figure out what works best for the design.

To answer your question though, put me down for silver, blue or black.
    141 weeks ago
    I too don't like the white backgrounds too much.
    I really like red, bold blue or black.
    Also, it can depend on the design. Some would need to use a certain colour based on the theme or idea of the shirt.
    Other than that, I would say that if the design is simple, I prefer a bright, exciting colour. If the design is complicated or has more detail, I prefer a less busy-looking colour. Then the colour and the design kind of balance each other out.
    141 weeks ago
    I essentially buy for the design, not the shirt colour. If the design is something I love, and (this is important) I think it works on the colour shirt it's on, then I'll buy it.

I think the only colour shirts I can say for sure I'd avoid are yellow (because I just don't think it's a colour that works well with my skin tone) and pink (because I loathe it). I love green, red, purple and black, generally speaking - but the majority of shirts I've bought from teefury have been navy blue, brown, black or grey. I can live with that.

I've had a look at some of the shirts I've bought here that are available on another site (which shall remain nameless) where you can choose which colour shirt you want, and nine times out of ten I think they've got it right here.
    141 weeks ago
    I have to say I'd never wear a colour that was too bright. I prefer coloured t-shirts rather than black,white or grey, but I would never wear a bright blue or green ect. or anything really "neon".

I'm a lover colours. I just don't want to look like a highlighter.
    So a mustard rather than bus yellow, a deep red rather than a stop sign.
    141 weeks ago
    My top three favorites are silver, cream, and white in that order. I tend to avoid the darker colored shirts because TeeFury's prints on them tend to feel thicker, which I dislike. But if a design is very, very good I can live with a black or brown tee, brown looks especially nice.

I bought "Money Swim" by xiaobaosg just because the design worked so well with the shirt color, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being my only yellow tee. Turquoise and red are also favorites of mine but I've actually yet to buy any red shirts from here, I usually miss the ones I want. =(
    141 weeks ago
    The majority of the time I only buy black or blue shirts. I only own a few White shirts( half are stargate). I dont like white shirts because no matter how hard i try i spill or get something on them.
    141 weeks ago
    I like this question because I got the same problem the first time I printed my designs. The problem is not really the color of the t-shirt, because everyone has his own "style". It's more a matter of fitting your design with the right t-shirt color. On a personal matter, I like white, black, beige and blue. I tend to have shirts with different colours (red, green, ...), but for me it's always the right colour with the right design.

wazzzzzza