Back to forum
rss 141 weeks ago

This is currently what I'm working on. Looking for feedback to make it better so it can possibly be my first teefury shirt. the watermark at the bottom will not be in the final design.
21Comments
    141 weeks ago
    I love the concept! A WW2 style propaganda shirt with Captain America is a great idea! Looking at it now, I would try to do something else with the cut-off under Cap's torso. Maybe place him in a circle with the shield popping out from there? I'm sure there are a lot of different ways you could do it though.
    141 weeks ago
    The only thing I'm opposed to with this is the color scheme. Captain America is a flashy, very colorful superhero and this is just green and black with a dash of white.
    141 weeks ago
    how do u create a shirt....computer website or paper. Please help so shoot me up and email [email protected] Also that is so SICK!!!!!!!!
    141 weeks ago
    I use photoshop on my computer. I have banners on the top and bottom now and I've changed the font. I'm toying with puttIng some red and blue on it but I don't want it be on his costume. I like just having the stars the only thing visible
    141 weeks ago
    work.7545096.8.fc,550x550,royal_blue.v3.jpg
    a simple update. should i go back to my original design with the lettering or just keep it simple. Feedback please.
    141 weeks ago
    I like the new one better though I would try to add some kind of tilt on the star in the middle of his chest because not it just looks off center. that might just be me but yeah
    141 weeks ago
    Oooh, I like this concept!
    Not sure about Cap being cut off at his torso, though. It looks a little odd to me, considering the placement of the shield. It makes for a rather strange silhouette - he's still discernible as Cap, but it's a bit off-putting.

Maybe try doing the full body, but with colours highlighting different parts of the uniform? That would keep the flashy feel while still maintaining your original concept. Just a thought!
    141 weeks ago
    What if you placed Cap inside of a star and have the shield hanging out of it. The shield hanging below the cutoff point of the body is killing an otherwise fun design.
    141 weeks ago
    I think you need to add more detail to Captain America. You have the white stars and I think you need to finish filling in the white areas such as adding the white stripes on his abs, the white rings on his shield, and the white A on his forehead.
    141 weeks ago
    work.7545096.10.fc,550x550,royal_blue.v3.jpg
    Update.
    141 weeks ago
    I agree with bruceleeroy about the white, and I think his silhouette looks much better with the white accents.

I don't really like the stars in the background, it looks too busy. I really liked your original "buy war bonds" idea though, maybe it would look better now with the white accents?
    141 weeks ago
    I agree, the new one with the white stars in the background is too much white I think. What if you had Captain America just like that but with the background stars red again? It's looking great otherwise!
    141 weeks ago
    work.7554109.2.fc,550x550,royal_blue.v3.jpg
    Slogan or no Slogan?
    141 weeks ago
    Ooh I like the slogan personally, that looks awesome!
    141 weeks ago
    Slogan, definitely!
    141 weeks ago
    hmm, i dunno, i think it'd be good with just the silhouette.
    141 weeks ago
    Pacman81 said: hmm, i dunno, i think it'd be good with just the silhouette.

But either way that last one looks great.
    141 weeks ago
    I like the Slogan, keep it for sure. And I have to say, Joseph, you seem to be one of the best artists on here with adjusting your designs based on our feedback. This is a home run in the making, I'd say just a few more tweeks to that awkward cut off at his torso and you'd have a winner, for sure.

I like the design and the slogan really ties it together with the early days of Cap very well. nicely done, and keep up the great work.
    141 weeks ago
    Thanks for the kind words SBO. Hopefully this design or my Scott Pilgrim one will be my first t-shirt on here. They both seem to be getting good feedback on the forum, I just hope Teefury likes one of them enough to put it on a t-shirt.
    141 weeks ago
    Cool idea. Liking the original design the best. Simple silhouettes look cool.
    I agree that the look of the star on the original art is a bit awkward.
    So awesome, though! Great job.
    141 weeks ago
    nice concept. I like it with the slogan, maybe you can tweak the torso's cut off, looks a bit awkward. just my personal opinion though :) overall it's great