Back to forum
rss 141 weeks ago
I was just working on something that evolved from a saying that some family and friends and I spout off. Yeehaw Toboggan! Try saying 'especially with a southern drawl.

I think it's missing something so I'm running it past "you all" for some thoughts.

Thanks

Photobucket
13Comments
    141 weeks ago
    The sled's Rosebud. (Spoilers?) Now it's a pop culture reference.
    141 weeks ago
    I like this idea. Something very cheerful about Rodeo Cowboy on a Toboggan.

My suggestions are that you pretty up the text, it's a little too simple at the moment. And that you reduce your color count, you're hitting about 9 by my count. 6 is the color limit on Teefury (or 5 plus white if it's needed for an underbase on a dark shirt).

Finally a request, can you make this design on a red or blue shirt? I'm not a fan of brown and it may enliven the design a little.
    141 weeks ago
    thanks...
    I was going to slap "rosebud" onto the sled somewhere.

Chuff...I'll be addressing the color count when I figure out what's missing with the design. I'm trying out different fonts as well.
    Brown just seems, well, the choice color for a western theme.
    It just strikes me as missing one more element....But thanks for the feed back. Back to the design board.
    141 weeks ago
    Don't worry about the shirt color. I'm thinking now that an earthy tone is probably justified on this design.
    141 weeks ago
    No pop culture reference?

usl_riding_the_bomb.jpg

^_^
    141 weeks ago
    How can I forget that one!....
    but my meaning is that this design has no direct reference to a movie, book or game or tv series....unless it's some Japanese game show (which isn't too far fetched...haha) heck it's not even zombie related....unless I zombiefy the cowboy...That would sell right...people love zombies, 'especially on a toboggan, right......um..right.
    140 weeks ago
    Allrighty...did a little more tweaking. Changed the fonts. I'll get the colors down to six for the final submit, but I thought it lacking something so I added the snowflake. I'm throwing it out here for opinions.

Photobucket
    140 weeks ago
    no snowflake....
    140 weeks ago
    hoibbes said: no snowflake....

I agree, no flake. Perhaps make the central image bigger rather than adding complexity?

The new font is nice, bet it would look good in a single color rather than with the outline. ;)

Those red swirly decorations, maybe swap them for a star at the 3o'clock and 9o'clock position in the gaps between the imaginary circle of the text.
    140 weeks ago
    excellent, thank you.
    Will lose the snowflake.
    Will change the image size and try out the stars. (tried several stars early on but they didn't sit well with me this time I'll put some distance between me and the work for a while and revisit it and see how they work)
    We a few steps closer to submitting.
    140 weeks ago
    gasp!

Popular culture (often referred to as pop culture) is the totality of ideas, perspectives, attitudes, images and other phenomena that are deemed preferred through an informal consensus within the mainstream of any given society.

If she's got a cowboy in 'er, she's pop culture.

Regardless, this makes me smile :D
    140 weeks ago
    Ummmm..... again, would love it without snowflake. Don't really need to make the central image bigger (personally), I'm not a fan when the art takes up half of my chest. (I'm the person who likes to wear cool shirts but doesn't care if everyone gets to see it, know what I mean) I do like the new font but as Chuffy said try with a single color, just to see. Either way I'll be looking for this shirt when it goes to press.

Sorry about the stagnated(sp?) sentences, my head is still swimming with beer from last night.
    140 weeks ago
    Also keep the shirt brown, goes more with the cowboy theme.