Back to forum
rss 141 weeks ago
Photobucket

Photobucket
21Comments
    141 weeks ago
    I think the first design would be better without the "Suit Up!"

While it's a great idea, I think it confuses the way one reads it.
    141 weeks ago
    I don't really like the first one, but the second one is legendary.
    141 weeks ago
    yep, drop the Suit up! from the first one. first it doesn't add to the design, second it reads Legen- wait for it - suit up - dary ... which makes it kinda meow.

but I really like it, maybe the drop shadow behind the speech bubble is a bit too much. and maybe you could reposition the parts to make it more ... dense.
    141 weeks ago
    Yup..I know..I know..I just didn't like all the open space. I'll see about moving stuff around. Thanks :)
    141 weeks ago
    Nice, but I prefer:

Legen - I hope you're not lactose intolerant because the next part is - dary!
    141 weeks ago
    I got a better idea for the first one.
    make it "legen" than "dairy" on the bottom with barney holding a glass of milk, instead of the "suit up".
    good, no?
    141 weeks ago
    @Storyman..that sounds like a good idea. I think I'll give that a shot.
    141 weeks ago
    Thoughts?

Photobucket

Photobucket
    141 weeks ago
    I LOVE this new one, but I have one thought. I definitely could be wrong, but I thought the quote was "and I hope you're not lactose intolerant, because the second half of that word is...". I just thought I'd mention that, but I don't mean to be picky. I LOVE the design, it is definitely legendary!!!
    141 weeks ago
    aaaand. you're absolutely right. I just found the scene on YouTube. I couldn't remember myself, and I just googled it, as it turns out my source was wrong. Thanks for the heads up!
    141 weeks ago
    Any chance of trying it on a color OTHER than yellow? LOVE the design, hate the color. And the fact it's a shirt color I'd never wear in public would prevent me from buying an otherwise awesome design.
    141 weeks ago
    How crazy I also have a barney design with this exact saying! Just goes to show that great minds think alike. I like yours way better good luck!

legendary

141 weeks ago
    Haha, that's crazy. I hadn't planned on using the whole quote as you can see in the early versions, but Storyman chimed in with the idea and I ran with it. Haha, it's a great quote, and Barney Stinson is awesome! Good stuff :) Good luck with your design too bud.

I've redone with a different color shirt. I'm going with lighter colors because I see many complaints about bright colored shirts. I welcome any suggestions.

Also I'm wondering if you guys prefer the text bubble or the one without (as seen above).Thanks in advance for any input.

Photobucket
    141 weeks ago
    I like the blue, although my only concern is that it might be too much blue. I almost think that on that color it would look better if Barney's skin was a different color than just the thru-blue, but I can't quite decide.

Also, you left the "that" out of the quote on that last design :)
    141 weeks ago
    I think it looks great. And actually I haven't submitted it to TeeFury yet and since you posted first ill step aside and let you have first crack at it.

Ps I too misquoted it whoops
    141 weeks ago
    Looks brilliant!
    In the original design I agree the "Suit up!" bit, whilst looking nice, did undermine the quote a bit.

I think the milk T-shirt one is possibly the better of the designs in a way because it's more a joke (which the show used, so an reference too) rather than just a reference. Though just the reference is nice too.

I like the suit up arrow one, but probably wouldn't wear it personally due to a phobia of suits. -.-
    I personally prefer to wear darker T-shirts, such as black or grey, or pale blue maybe, though.

The light blue one looks a little odd to me... Maybe because it's very blue compared to the blue on yellow of before. It sorta makes barny look blue himself, instead of sencil cut. Also the white bits around the dairy bit give me this odd impression the picture is cold or frozen.
    139 weeks ago
    Still misquoted it, missing a "the" in the blue picture. Idk, I think if it HAD to be one of the two I'd go with yellow because like Surfercat said, the yellow at least looks like his skin somewhat. Kind of wish you could just have an extra color for his skin and then a different background/shirt color. Maybe something darker. But if the yellow one was accepted I'd still buy it.
    139 weeks ago
    I really like the suit up and legendairy design, and I think it looks better on the blue shirt. It might be a nice idea to try the text outside of the speech bubble, because then it's easier to space out and play around with. (I don't have any experience in designing shirts by the way, I'm just trying to be helpful!)
    139 weeks ago
    I think if you get rid of the quote and do the light blue shirt, I think you have a winner. the shirt is a lot cleaner and funnier with just the legend-dairy words.
    137 weeks ago
    sorry, i was in camp but im glad you took my idea! it would be a total buy for me! im glad to have helped! maybe a small mention for me...
    134 weeks ago
    i love love love love love the suit up one with the arrow....