Back to forum
rss 142 weeks ago
So I've made a slight change. What are your thoughts.

http://www.teefury.com/forum/5966/FettEx__looking_for_feedback
66Comments
    142 weeks ago
    Here's the original Idea
    TeeFury-FettEx-6color.png
    142 weeks ago
    Awesom!! I would SO buy this! I like the changed version.
    142 weeks ago
    I like either one. Would absolutely 100 percent buy this print.
    142 weeks ago
    Two options I think.

1. Leave the asterisk off the word FettEx and I think you are there. The asterisk is widely understood as a foot note, so no need to add it into the main design. Just keep it on the foot note.

2. Leave off the footnote entirely. The design is that strong it doesn't need it. The mini text detracts from the main design and makes it look fussy.

My preference, option 2.
    142 weeks ago
    yeah id say leave out the bottom notes. could you try making the stroke of the "FETTEX" a different color than whats behind it? i think that would add a little more punch. also (this might just be me) but can you fill in the little gap between the "E" and "X" to complete the arrow thats in the fedex logo usually?

and the design looks like it wants to be centered/ slightly symmetrical down the center, but the figures are shifted to the left which might look strange on a shirt.

just a few things to consider, but overall i really like it!
    142 weeks ago
    I agree, the gap needs to be filled. As far as a stroke around the logo, what color would you suggest. Obviously, I can't use orange or blue. That just leaves Fett blue or green as I'm already at 6 colors not counting the white base coat they'll need to add.
    In addition, FedEx doesn't use a stroke so that would change continuity.
    As to centering I'll play with it some more, but the problem I'm having is overhang. If I shift them more to one side or the other then one side gets heavier. More would protrude out on one side than the other. How would you all feel if I made the Fetts smaller, to be contained completely by the Death Star, leaving a smooth radial symmetry on the bottom half?
    142 weeks ago
    the thing that sticks out to me is the "pasted on" look that happens because of the grittiness of the illustration vs the clean perfection of the logo. would it work to match the logo to the illustration?it seems to me that if they ran this company in the starwars universe it would likely be that way. you could even drop colors from the logo and use the fett colors. just flip them and you get added continuity and symmetry. regardless, this is pretty sick!
    142 weeks ago
    So, here's the latest round of changes. I think the distress on the letters needs a bit more work maybe but overall I like where this is going.
    FettEx-dark-6-spot.png
    142 weeks ago
    The rounding on the bottom is perfect. I don't think the FettEx text needs a distress. Clean solid color works.

I'd say you are there more or less. I'd be tempted to remove a little of the noise (isolated pixels) so your contrast between the dark color and the lighter colors is stronger. Other than that, finish, submit and hopefully profit. :)
    142 weeks ago
    I agree with Chuffy, I don't think you need the distress on the words. The rounding is perfect and I love it! Wonderful job!
    142 weeks ago
    I agree with Chuffy, I don't think you need the distress on the words. The rounding is perfect and I love it! Wonderful job!
    142 weeks ago
    Here we go again. The big question, distress the letters or not.
    FettEx-dark2-6-spot.png
    142 weeks ago
    LOL... ok this must be a matter of taste because when I saw the distress on the logo portion I thought it brought the design into union. it all made sense at that point. I am looking at the design from a conceptual stand point. Is Star Wars a "clean" world or a "distressed" world? To me, the matter at hand is matching the line qualities of both elements of the design. Either the Fetts live here in THIS world an they are cleaned up and highly vectorized or this is from the Star Wars world and things are distressed. When both concepts are included, I just feel a lack of unity and see a "cut and paste" method of design which makes me confused about the over riding concept. What if you distress the stroke on the logo portion but keep the lettering clean? that might strike a happy medium.
    142 weeks ago
    by the way, a much better composition with the rounded bottom
    142 weeks ago
    one last thing... the wite in the "T" of boba's helmet suggest a protrusion which is catching light and seems incorrect. I would blacken the whole thing.
    142 weeks ago
    .... errrr.... i meant "white"... i have now taken over this thread....
    142 weeks ago
    chewietoo said: Here we go again. The big question, distress the letters or not.
    FettEx-dark2-6-spot.png

Not. This is the one.

It's possible to overthink a design, but you have all the elements just right in this one now. I'd submit it now, it will be huge. Good luck :)
    142 weeks ago
    Shut up, and then take my money.
    141 weeks ago
    Ok I've removed the glare from Boba's helmet and added some similar distress to the letters. What are the opinions now?
    FettEx-dist2-6-spot.png
    141 weeks ago
    I'd buy it.
    141 weeks ago
    I like it, but I actually loved the original bottom text that said "when it absolutely...". I would lose the asterisks but I thought the text was really funny. So maybe the latest version with the "absolutely" line underneath?
    141 weeks ago
    I liked the tag line too. I think I'll try to incorporate it in the bottom of the circle and see what it looks like.
    141 weeks ago
    I did like the tagline, but the only thing that bothered me about it (the one on the original design) was that it split an infinitive (to be) and I'm kind of a grammar stickler so I might have a hard time wearing a shirt with that on it. The problem is that it would be hard to change the slogan around so that it didn't split the infinitive without taking away from the effect of the slogan. It would have to be something like "When it absolutely positively cannot be there" or, technically correct but awkward "When it absolutely positively has to be not there." But the "Disintegrations not available in all areas part is fine." But you know what, I may be nitpicking so feel free to ignore this whole post lol. I love the design either way :)
    141 weeks ago
    I hear you on the split infinitives, Surfercat, but in this case it's actually meant as a play on words (the FedEx tagline) so I think some leeway is permissible.

Don't like the "disintegration" tagline and two would be way too much. Also, if you put the tagline back in leave out the asterisks. Not needed.

I would buy the shirt for sure.
    141 weeks ago
    Yeah, I like the distress lettering. It works.
    Awesome shirt!
  • Load More Comments