Back to forum
rss 141 weeks ago
Here are some current designs im working on. Lemme know what I need to fix or tweak!

neverending friendship

pacific playland

madame pacman

19Comments
    141 weeks ago
    LOVE the Zombieland one!
    141 weeks ago
    I really like the zombieland one.. but i think it would be better without the bottom text.
    141 weeks ago
    Not a fan of the concept on Ms.Pacman one, but the artwork and colors are great! I absolutely love the Zombieland one though.
    141 weeks ago
    the Neverending Story / C&H one is out of this world. Congrats. I'd say that would be a winner if sold
    141 weeks ago
    Absolutely LOVE the Zombieland design!!
    141 weeks ago
    I like the Neverending story/Calvin & Hobbes design. My only suggestion would be that Hobbes looks a little flat. A quick google image search shows Hobbes has fuzzy cheeks and the upper portion of his chest is also quite fuzzy too. A slight tweak on this and the tiger striping (less all round and more slightly tapered) is all it would need to be spot on.

I think it's a great idea that will be a massive seller, good luck :)
    141 weeks ago
    I'm not feeling the last 2 as solid shirt concepts but the C&H NES is total win. Only suggestion other than ^this is to ditch the clouds and moon. I think the concept is strong enough to stand on it's own. if it doesn't work as a composition, then maybe small hints of clouds that fade out? Great work!
    141 weeks ago
    i love the concept for the calvin and hobbes one. but the composition could be spiced up a bit. you have the change to have a really dynamic composition (hobbes could be flying around the design with his tail swirling around to get the eye to move around it). maybe its just a little too much empty space for me. also be careful of just using a stroke and leaving it as is. original calvin and hobbes was pen and ink which looks very natural and fun, and a flat stroke looks rigid (which works in some cases). so id say tweak a few things, but the idea is hilarious.
    141 weeks ago
    Love the Zombieland one! The "Sponsored by Twinkies" is an amazing little detail. However, I agree with noelpenn in that I'm not really feeling the bottom text. Other than that, it's perfect!
    141 weeks ago
    Wow thanks for the good vibes!

The clouds and moon in the c&h design mimic the image on the soundtrack cover for the movie so that's why they're there. But it has 7 colors ahhh! Gonna have to rework it so ill mess with FluffySpam scale etc.

As for the zombieland one ill take your advice and drop the bottom text!
    141 weeks ago
    I don't hate the bottom text on the Zombieland one... it helps draw your eye to the zombie hands at the bottom, anyway. I just think it's phrased awkwardly. If you cross out the "free," it reads "ZOMBIE SINCE 2009" which doesn't make sense. If there was a way to phrase it so removing part of it (as if it's been spray-painted or blood-spattered over?) would still make it read like a proper sentence, I'd like it better.
    141 weeks ago
    ArmaNarma said: I don't hate the bottom text on the Zombieland one... it helps draw your eye to the zombie hands at the bottom, anyway. I just think it's phrased awkwardly. If you cross out the "free," it reads "ZOMBIE SINCE 2009" which doesn't make sense. If there was a way to phrase it so removing part of it (as if it's been spray-painted or blood-spattered over?) would still make it read like a proper sentence, I'd like it better.

I messed with it pretty much every which way. Had the 2009 crossed out, added a "d" to the end of zombie so it said "zombied since 2009", crossed out free and had a spraypaint looking "owned" under it, but I think it's unnecessary so I chucked it and submitted it. Fingers crossed
    141 weeks ago
    I like The Zombieland shirt :)
    141 weeks ago
    I absolutely love the Zombieland design but you should get rid of the bottom text and Twinkies part altogether.

The Twinkies part is wrong for a couple of reasons. First it should say "sponsored by Hostess" as Hostess makes Twinkies. You wouldn't put sponsored by Big Macs, right? No, it would be sponsored by McDonald's. Secondly, Hostess or Twinkies wouldn't sponsor another business. It's not like Disneyworld has any sponsors. In my opinion, you should ditch it altogether. I also think your design is strong enough as it is without the bottom text, it's distracting.

Don't get me wrong, your design is awesome, but I think those changes need to be made, because I really hope this gets printed.
    141 weeks ago
    Double tap like the Zombieland one.
    141 weeks ago
    Great designs. But you should cross out the 2009, not the free. Would make more sense due to the fact that since 2009, there are zombies there.
    141 weeks ago
    bruceleeroy said: I absolutely love the Zombieland design but you should get rid of the bottom text and Twinkies part altogether.

The Twinkies part is wrong for a couple of reasons. First it should say "sponsored by Hostess" as Hostess makes Twinkies. You wouldn't put sponsored by Big Macs, right? No, it would be sponsored by McDonald's. Secondly, Hostess or Twinkies wouldn't sponsor another business. It's not like Disneyworld has any sponsors. In my opinion, you should ditch it altogether. I also think your design is strong enough as it is without the bottom text, it's distracting.

Don't get me wrong, your design is awesome, but I think those changes need to be made, because I really hope this gets printed.

I respectfully (very respectfully) disagree. It's ok to not be exact for the sake of fun. I mean c'mon if we want to get technical it is a fictional theme park that got taken over by fictitious brain eating monsters. It's just a nod to the movie in a fun way and I think the majority of zombieland fans would think it's a fun part of the shirt...

I do however agree with the bottom text I chucked it out completely when I submitted this.
    140 weeks ago
    Honestly, instead of "Sponsored by Twinkies" you could have something along the lines of "Try our world famous fried twinkies" or "home of the last twinkie on earth"

Just an idea...would help alleviate some peoples issue with it not being a brand that would sponsor anything, while at the same time, keep the reference in for fans of the film.

And to that point, companies do indeed sponsor, and at times, outright purchase entire theme parks. In Virginia, King's Dominion was around for over a decade before it suddenly became "Paramount's King's Dominion" and started featuring film-based attractions, closer to an MGM studios, but they still kept the old rides and attractions, felt more like a sponsorship than a change in ownership, even if that was the case. Just saying...
    140 weeks ago
    OOo I like home of the last twinkies on earth! Might be too long but ill try it. Thanks.