Back to forum
image
rss 155 weeks ago
So, this is no great feat of artistry, but I do see some simple designs getting printed if the concept is good. This is a play on the WonderBread logo and a tribute to the magical Elvish staple, Lembas Bread.

Honestly, is this too simple to submit?



47Comments
  • image
    155 weeks ago
    I would change it up a bit... I got the wonder bread connection, but the connection to LOTR is lacking, other than in name.

    I'm thinking alter the dots to be more related to something LOTRish... not sure what. I'm thinking a Ring, maybe. But that might be too obvious. perhaps 9 dots of varying sizes? I dunno.
  • image
    155 weeks ago
    I like it! I like white tees with bright colors. But, it couldn't hurt to tie in more LOTR elements if you can.
  • image
    155 weeks ago
    I totally dig this. I'm just worried that maybe the reference is a bit vague. Hard to say, I mean I got it right away, but that's coming from someone who has also read the books. Hopefully others chime in.
  • image
    155 weeks ago
    If it's useful to you at all, I believe "Tengwar Scteefurycopy" is the name of the elvish scteefurycopy font. Transcribing it into something meaningful is another story.
  • image
    155 weeks ago
    Why the word Scteefurycopy shows up as Scteefurycopy is beside me.
  • image
    155 weeks ago
    @ZetaBodhi & @ Mailon: Thanks for the feedback. I was worried about messing with the Wonderbread logo too much so I didn't add any other LOTR elements, but I am going to repost lone later today. Thanks again!
  • image
    155 weeks ago
    MisterPhame said: Why the word Scteefurycopy shows up as Scteefurycopy is beside me.


    There must be another T-shirt site called that, maybe? Otherwise I have no idea, that filter makes for some funny censored sentences sometimes :P

    As for the design, I love it! The only way I could think of to make it more LOTR-esque might be to dull the colors, make them more Middle Earth-y or put colors with some significance to LOTR. I don't think it's too vague though, people who have read the books will probably get it immediately and anyone who hasn't won't get it, and that slight obscurity is part of the charm. It's definitely not too simple though, looks great with just that design.
  • image
    155 weeks ago
    Surfercat35 said:
    MisterPhame said: Why the word Scteefurycopy shows up as Scteefurycopy is beside me.



    There must be another T-shirt site called that, maybe? Otherwise I have no idea, that filter makes for some funny censored sentences sometimes :P


    As for the design, I love it! The only way I could think of to make it more LOTR-esque might be to dull the colors, make them more Middle Earth-y or put colors with some significance to LOTR. I don't think it's too vague though, people who have read the books will probably get it immediately and anyone who hasn't won't get it, and that slight obscurity is part of the charm. It's definitely not too simple though, looks great with just that design.


    Thanks for the response Surfer. I am concerned that earthy tones will make the wonderbread part unrecognizable, but let's give it a shot. I will be reposting a bit later.
  • image
    155 weeks ago
    So, here's two new versions of the design. I changed the yellow circle in the wonderbread logo to the one ring to add some more LOTR recognizability in there but kept the rest the same. This one looks more like the original logo.

    zk1ira.png

    In the second one, I changed the colors to look more middle earthy. I like it, but I am not sure that the wonderbread part of it is recognizable enough.

    rrl5br.png

    What do you guys think of these versions? Thanks in advance for the help.
  • image
    155 weeks ago
    I really love this concept!

    I think you should stick with the original Wonder Bread color scheme. With the darker colors, it's not as easily recognizable. Red, yellow, and blue grab your attention more than green and brown, I think.

    I would wear this shirt in a heart beat!
  • image
    155 weeks ago
    I like the earthy colors but I agree that the logo is definitely not as recognizable. I do think the yellow circle being the ring is great though!
  • image
    155 weeks ago
    Surfercat35 said: I like the earthy colors but I agree that the logo is definitely not as recognizable. I do think the yellow circle being the ring is great though!


    Thanks!
  • image
    155 weeks ago
    I would also like to say I also really like 'the ring' being the yellow circle.(OG color scheme) I would buy this instantly
  • image
    155 weeks ago
    Thanks for the positive feedback! I am going to put in some finishing touches and post the final version tomorrow.
  • image
    155 weeks ago
    Oh yes! I love it! I would change the background color though
  • image
    155 weeks ago
    Oooo I love it with The Ring!! But I'd definitely stay with the original color scheme though. Primary colors on white gives it that "Wonder Bread" feel. It would be a insta-buy for me! Nice job! Lembas...the TRUE wonder bread! ;-)
  • image
    155 weeks ago
    Okay, so here's the newest version. If I get the okay from you guys, this is the one I am going to submit. I changed the ring text to a bit of an orange. I thought it was more subtle and also keeps the number of colors down since it's the same color as the shading on the ring.

    Whatdya think?

    11j6qmh.png
  • image
    155 weeks ago
    Awesome! I think it's perfect now! :)
  • image
    155 weeks ago
    Surfercat35 said: Awesome! I think it's perfect now! :)


    Far out! Thanks for the feedback along the way.
  • image
    155 weeks ago
    Malion said: I would change it up a bit... I got the wonder bread connection, but the connection to LOTR is lacking, other than in name.


    I'm thinking alter the dots to be more related to something LOTRish... not sure what. I'm thinking a Ring, maybe. But that might be too obvious. perhaps 9 dots of varying sizes? I dunno.


    Thanks for the feedback. I posted the final version today. Check it out.
  • image
    155 weeks ago
    Sorry, but i would only buy it with the earthy colors. Mainly as it makes the wonderbread logo more subtle.
  • image
    155 weeks ago
    I think it's great! I think without the primary colors, you lose the "wonder bread" effect entirely.
  • image
    155 weeks ago
    ...I really hope it gets printed and that they print it on a WHITE tee!!! :-) I'll buy at least 2!
  • image
    155 weeks ago
    Thanks ZetaBodhi! It seems that most have voted for the primary colors, so I am going to submit that one today. Wish me luck!
  • image
    155 weeks ago
    Hey there!

    I really like what you did with the One Ring! I didn't think about that, but it makes sense with the yellow circle of the Wonder Bread logo.

    I would definitely purchase this! I hope it gets printed, best of luck :-)
  • Load More Comments


Back to Top