Back to forum
rss 142 weeks ago
My latest T-Shirt design sub to Teefury

Entitled "Boldly Go", it's a mash-up of Star Trek TOS, TNG, ENT and the board game Monopoly.

I'm happy with the design, but the color of the shirt is proving tricky. I've tried all the usual Trek Shirt colors and they overpower the design colors. Thoughts anyone?
37Comments
    142 weeks ago
    I really like this, but I know what you mean about the shirt color. That's really the only thing that's not working.

I'd say, try dark gray, or maybe even white.
    142 weeks ago
    Thanks. I was so busy messing with colors I forgot to try white and gray. :)

White works well and dark gray is even better.
    boldlygowhiteandgray.jpg
    Given the choice, I'd pick gray.
    Anyone else have a preference or idea for color?
    142 weeks ago
    I think the gray is a good choice. I can't think of anything else working better. I love it, great design!
    142 weeks ago
    Actually though, with the gray, the dice could even be white just to add a splash of brightness, I'm not sure if that will look better or not.
    142 weeks ago
    Thanks. I tried the white dice as suggested but it didn't look so good (too higher contrast).

For shirt colors it turns out some darker blues work well and it makes the red really pop. Still liking the gray best though and almost any shade works.
    142 weeks ago
    Great design and it works really well on grey!
    142 weeks ago
    Haha I love it. I wish Monopoly game with those pieces. Definitely looks best on the gray.
    142 weeks ago
    Very cool shirt! I'd go gray or white...NOT cream/natural.

Hope you get printed!
    142 weeks ago
    ZetaBodhi said: Very cool shirt! I'd go gray or white...NOT cream/natural.

Hope you get printed!

I'm so with you on the NOT cream/natural now, it was a mistake. I've changed the picture above in the first post which had the cream to this...

boldlygoteefurypreview.jpg
    It includes black, dark blue and dark red which also look good.

STILL loving the dark gray more than any of the others, good as they are.
    142 weeks ago
    They actually make Star Trek Monopoly you know. I'm surprised it doesn't have this one the board.
    142 weeks ago
    Matt_Dearden said: They actually make Star Trek Monopoly you know. I'm surprised it doesn't have this one the board.

Yeah, it says "Collect 200 salary as you pass go". Seems they missed a trick. It even has the default Monopoly arrow.

PS I have your Frakking Awful T-Shirt, It's Frakking Awesome :)
    142 weeks ago
    142 weeks ago
    Would buy.
    141 weeks ago
    Dark Grey. What about an Enterprise that looks like a Hat ?
    141 weeks ago
    Dilbert said: Dark Grey. What about an Enterprise that looks like a Hat ?

I would have so gotten a hat into the design had it warranted it. Assume the captains of the miniature ships are wearing them - Picard wears a Sombrero, Archer is wearing a Beer Helmet and Kirk has a Tribble on his head.
    141 weeks ago
    Dark grey. Definitely. Love it.
    141 weeks ago
    This is great. I'd have to say grey too. I really hope this gets printed.
    139 weeks ago
    gray or blue shirt would be great. instabuy for me.
    139 weeks ago
    Pardon me, but I do believe you have left off the BEST ship in the fleet, and subsequently the best show in the series...Voyager. Enterprise? Pardon me while I bang my head against the way to avoid boredom.

Ha, but still good design for sure.
    139 weeks ago
    I like the dark red the best... plus it has the Red Shirt quality to it.
    139 weeks ago
    SeckzBobOmb said: Pardon me, but I do believe you have left off the BEST ship in the fleet, and subsequently the best show in the series...Voyager. Enterprise? Pardon me while I bang my head against the way to avoid boredom.

Ha, but still good design for sure.

I'm assuming he was going for era's.

I don't know if it would hurt the design, but adding voyager and the defiant would be nice :P
    139 weeks ago
    is the 9 on the dice a reference to Deep Space Nine? lol
    139 weeks ago
    chuffy my friend, i am not a HUGE fan of star trek... i have followed the shows pretty closely but i don't own any merch or anything, but i WILL buy this.
    139 weeks ago
    Thanks for the new comments. :)

Why only vessels named Enterprise? I chose ships from the TV shows that used The 'Boldly Go' speech which appears in the Original series, the Next Generation and in the pilot of Star Trek Enterprise. Placing too many 'wessels' ;) on the board would make the design look crowded.

The 9 on the dice? A reference to Warp speed. Whilst the Warp scale has been played around with over the years, the most recent series place Warp 9 point something as the maximum. According to Memory Alpha - 'In 24th century warp theory, a warp factor of 10 corresponded to an infinite velocity. A vessel traveling at warp 10 occupied all points in the universe simultaneously.'
    139 weeks ago
    Actually, a Warp factor of 9.9 can be reached by the majority of Star Fleet vessels, and yes, the infinite velocity was reached once before by whome? Lt. Thomas Eugene Paris of the starship Voyager, though he did it on a modified shuttle craft.

Just saying though...it was voyager that expanded beyond that warp 9 limitation.

Lawyer'd

I'd still buy this as is, but I just love that damned show.
  • Load More Comments