Back to forum
rss 143 weeks ago
I've been a life long Mario Bros fan, and wanted to come up with a fun design to show my love of the Mushroom Kingdom plumbers... so I set out to find a unique and fun idea, entered the design about 2 weeks ago, but never heard back, so I assume it was denied. Anyone have any feedback on this one?
Photobucket
14Comments
    143 weeks ago
    I think this one might be better if it were more simple; just the Bob-omb and word "Bob-omb" would be a pretty cool design.
    143 weeks ago
    I think it looks great, grey on black always looks wonderful!
    143 weeks ago
    Scafl said: I think it looks great, grey on black always looks wonderful!

Thank you! I made the design, so I am biased, but of all my designs this is my favorite. I have gotten alot of very good feedback on it from people I have shown.

brinoceros said: I think this one might be better if it were more simple; just the Bob-omb and word "Bob-omb" would be a pretty cool design.

Oh I considered that, but I don't want it to be just a nintendo character and name, I want a little something ectra on it. I thought maybe if anything it was too basic of a design.
    Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
    142 weeks ago
    I LOVE it!! The color, the concept, the character, it's AWESOME!! :D
    142 weeks ago
    Thank you Quorra! I'm thinking it is gonna be added to RedBubble here real soon, since it wasn't picked up here.
    142 weeks ago
    Very Very Soon lol. Decided to release it in 3 colors http://www.redbubble.com/people/mightyrain/t-shirts/7520476-bob-omb-demolition-white
    142 weeks ago
    @mighty rain, you posted this 4 days ago, of course it hasn't been picked up here yet. They generally take about 3 weeks to respond if it gets picked.
    142 weeks ago
    No, I posted it for public view 4 days ago. I submitted it on teefury about a month ago.
    142 weeks ago
    MightyRain said:

Thank you! I made the design, so I am biased, but of all my designs this is my favorite. I have gotten alot of very good feedback on it from people I have shown.

brinoceros said: I think this one might be better if it were more simple; just the Bob-omb and word "Bob-omb" would be a pretty cool design.

Oh I considered that, but I don't want it to be just a nintendo character and name, I want a little something ectra on it. I thought maybe if anything it was too basic of a design.

I wouldn't like it nearly as much if it didn't have the bit at the bottom.
    142 weeks ago
    kinokun said:
    MightyRain said:

I wouldn't like it nearly as much if it didn't have the bit at the bottom.

Thank you for the confirmation! I don't know how well the design would look without the extra stuff on the bottom. To me it's what makes the t-shirt.
    142 weeks ago
    Its a little dark for my tastes, and the lines arond the lettering looks a bit scrappy. Other than that, I really like the design and concept. :)
    142 weeks ago
    Hiratha said: Its a little dark for my tastes, and the lines arond the lettering looks a bit scrappy. Other than that, I really like the design and concept. :)

I also made a version with white and another with red, instead of the grey. I preffer the grey on black, but fully understand it's not for everyone. The lines around "Bob-Omb" in the explosion? I added those in at the end, but have considered removing them a few times. Or the lines around all of the letters? The lines around all of the letters were to kinda give it that unstable look.
    142 weeks ago
    As much as I love the Demolition part, well, I don't know, I'm a fan of simplicity. Still, very clever, like the design. Good job!
    142 weeks ago
    perfecttea said: As much as I love the Demolition part, well, I don't know, I'm a fan of simplicity. Still, very clever, like the design. Good job!

Thank you for the feedback! I thought the top made it more complex than the bottom did.