Back to forum
rss 142 weeks ago
Hello fellow TeeFurians. I am newish to the site, and I have noticed how helpful and communicative everyone is in the comments on the daily tees and in these forums. My main goal in life right now is to get printed on here, so I thought I may as well put my subs out there and see what you guys think. Please feel free to rip these apart. It's the only way I will learn. :)

This one has too many colors for sure, but I am new to the game and hoping for feedback.

I am a big Michael Fassbender/X-Men/300 fan, so I thought it would be cool to see what Thermopalye would have looked like if Magneto was a Spartan.

For my fellow (True Bloodians? True Bloods?) We gotta come up with something there guys. We haven't been labeled yet.

Thanks in advance for the feedback and good luck to all those who aspire to be printed.
23Comments
    142 weeks ago
    For the first one, another member's already working on a design much like that one.
    As for the Magneto one, I like the concept of the helmet being a spartan one, but I don't think the light blue color scheme really works for it.
    142 weeks ago
    Thanks for the feedback snellby. I actually submitted the Potter one about a month ago now. I've seen the other member's tee, and that one definitely has a better chance of being printed.

I am going to find a better background/tee color for the Magbender one. Thanks again!
    142 weeks ago
    When it comes to tees, generally the simpler it is, the better. I really like the True Blood one because of how simple it is (and punny as well). :)
    142 weeks ago
    Great job all around! Your True Blood design is a classic
    142 weeks ago
    I really like the True Blood design - very clever. I know it's not supposed to be Merlottes, but I think maybe changing her uniform to a more Merlotte's design would be good - you know, the t-shirt and short shorts?

I also don't love the blue for it. At least not that shade of blue.
    142 weeks ago
    Warbucks360 design posted about 2 days
    Patronus.jpg

Your design
    11gkh0n.png

What's going on here?
    142 weeks ago
    Chuffy said: Warbucks360 design posted about 2 days
    Patronus.jpg

Your design
    11gkh0n.png

What's going on here?

Yeah. Snellby noticed that in the comments above. I submitted this Potter/Patron desgin to TF about a month ago now. It's been up on my RB for just about as long. Actually sold one a couple weeks ago. I think the simpler version has a much better chance of being printed though.
    142 weeks ago
    We chatted about it here:

http://www.teefury.com/forum/5938/Potter_s_PATRONUS__Have_a_shot_/

142 weeks ago
    After I posted I noticed this was actually a real product you were referencing. Fair enough. Just seemed odd you had the same font, but since the tequila has this font too it makes more sense.
    142 weeks ago
    There are rarely original ideas, only original artwork. This is good stuff. Keep it up.
    142 weeks ago
    I like the little ribbon you added to your patronus it's a clever detail, I do think it's a little to 3D for a t-shirt though, and the glow kind of seems like it's behind the bottle and I think it might look better if you made the glow around the whole bottom half so it looked more like the liquid itself was glowing, if that makes sense to you.
    And I love the Sookie Stackhouse shirt that is really clever and the art's really crisp and clean
    Very cool ^_^ and good luck with your shirts
    142 weeks ago
    wrongheaven said: I really like the True Blood design - very clever. I know it's not supposed to be Merlottes, but I think maybe changing her uniform to a more Merlotte's design would be good - you know, the t-shirt and short shorts?

I also don't love the blue for it. At least not that shade of blue.

I had that thought along the way. It would make her more recognizable as Sookie for sure. I will prob make that change before resubbing. What background/tee color would you choose?
    142 weeks ago
    Ironwings said: I like the little ribbon you added to your patronus it's a clever detail, I do think it's a little to 3D for a t-shirt though, and the glow kind of seems like it's behind the bottle and I think it might look better if you made the glow around the whole bottom half so it looked more like the liquid itself was glowing, if that makes sense to you.

And I love the Sookie Stackhouse shirt that is really clever and the art's really crisp and clean

Very cool ^_^ and good luck with your shirts

I was thinking of a way to make the liquid seem more magical. That's a good idea. Taking it out of the background would also make it less 3D. Thanks for the advice!
    142 weeks ago
    TheBensanity said: Great job all around! Your True Blood design is a classic

Thanks!
    142 weeks ago
    Hey epic... just chiming in. Nice work. Still like your bottle. The scarf is definitely a witty touch. I'm a big Magneto fan so I'm diggin' your second design. I never watched True Blood but I love the design. Even though I don't understand the reference I appreciate the art.. Nice posting!
    142 weeks ago
    warbucks360 said: Hey epic... just chiming in. Nice work. Still like your bottle. The scarf is definitely a witty touch. I'm a big Magneto fan so I'm diggin' your second design. I never watched True Blood but I love the design. Even though I don't understand the reference I appreciate the art.. Nice posting!

Thanks warbucks. Just found out about overthere and saw your Wizneyland got printed there. Congrats!
    141 weeks ago
    Jackpot777 said: There are rarely original ideas, only original artwork. This is good stuff. Keep it up.

Thanks Jackpot!
    141 weeks ago
    The Sookies StackHouse is a MUST HAVE!!!!

The only thing I hate more than Harry potter is Patron, so the first idea makes me wanna kick a baby (creative though)
    141 weeks ago
    I love Sookie's Stack House and the Magneto Spartan helmet. If I had to critique either, I would say that the background on the Magneto helmet is unclear at first glance. I found myself really having to look to make out the heap of weapons in the background... Of course, looking at it again I'm finding myself unable to unsee it so it could just be me. I would buy that shirt on that blue. Very cool look.
    141 weeks ago
    I love the Sookie's Stackhouse design, I've seen it on RedBubble, but I'm hoping TeeFury picks it up so that I don't have to spend an extra $10 to get it. Also, I believe they call True Blood fans, "Truebies".
    141 weeks ago
    @NickDesigns: Thanks for the feedback. I will work on the background of the Magneto one before resubmitting. That may be the issue.

@Mrichhh: I'm stoked you like the Sookie shirt so much. I have received quite a few comments on that one over the last month or so, but it doesn't seem that it will be selected for printing. :( If anyone knows what I can do to it to make it printable, please let me know.
    116 weeks ago
    Not an artist, just a fan of wit, humor, art and this genre of graphic art expression. Having said that, I have the Sookie Stackhouse shirt and get a lot of comments from people all positive. I totally LOOOOVE the Brady bunch Venture-team shirt that is on sale for $10 today and will be buying as soon as I finish the comment. I have one that any geek like me who watches American Idol still would love to own...It says..I'm only watching this season for Stephen....the AEROSMITH legend who is a judge on this show now...it's starting again soon so I'll be sportin that again..Buy..Independent...freedom from Censorship rock stars like these artists on Tee Fury, Red Bubble and my new up and coming fav theepiceffect.com
    116 weeks ago
    I quite enjoyed the Magneto Spartan Thermopylae 300 mash.

yep still enjoying it:)