Back to forum
rss 157 weeks ago
I just did this for fun. There was a lot of talk about designing a Snape tee so this is the first thing that came to mind. It is actually six colors and I threw it together fast so forgive the roughness. Just trying to get an old coin look.

IN SNAPE WE TRUST!

Photobucket

As usual... let me know what you think. And, go!
9Comments
    157 weeks ago
    that's really cool nice job
    157 weeks ago
    the only thing is that I believe a galleon is gold and the sickle is silver other then that I do think it's kind of clever
    157 weeks ago
    Sorry guys... I'm not that fluent with my Potter knowledge. Just something I threw out there for fun. Nothing more. Thanks for the input thought. I'm a lousy muggle! I'm not really serious about this design so I don't think I'll be messing around with it. Please disregard! Hope to see better Snape designs out there...

Thanks.
    157 weeks ago
    I was thinking of changing the Latin slightly. But then decided against it. My line of thought went something like this...

The Romans had had masculine / feminine / neuter words for 'one' (unus, una, unum). And just as with many European languages today, inanimate objects would be masculine and feminine and neuter.

It gets weird when 'the woman' in German is feminine (die Frau), but 'the maiden' the young girl, has no gender (das Mädchen), but I digress.

The Roman word for money was 'pecinia', which is a feminine word. And a galleon was a large, multi-decked sailing ship used primarily by European states from the 16th to 18th centuries (and ships are female, even in English. 'She's a lovely ship'...). So I was thinking it should be the feminine, 'Una Galleon'...

But then people might think it's a connection to Luna. So it's perfect as it is!
    157 weeks ago
    Wow.. Had no idea about all that. Thanks! I don't think this design is going anywhere since I just threw it up as a quick thought. But either, thanks for the Latin lesson and the props!
    157 weeks ago
    Very cool!
    157 weeks ago
    Hey thanks. Maybe I should change it to a gold coin instead and just see what happens.
    157 weeks ago
    You should! It's very cool :)
    157 weeks ago
    I'll have to add it to my to do list!