Back to forum
rss 143 weeks ago
Looking for feedback on this design.
"Candy Heart Pilgrim"
Inspired by the line from Scott Pilgrim vs the World.

I've been working on this relatively simple idea for too many hours now, so I'm seeking a little inspiration.
Am I missing something or am I banging my head against the screen for nothing?
I've submitted it just incase it's ready. I think it's as close to good as I can make it, but I have this nagging doubt that I've made it too plain and simple.

I'd lesbian some feedback :)
Meanwhile, I'm gonna follow my own tip #12 and relax with some DVDs and maybe a beer.
11Comments
    143 weeks ago
    HA ! The "L" word..
    I Lesbian This !!
    143 weeks ago
    I bought some Lovehearts so I could accurately scale the dimensions. This was made more difficult because I kept eating them. Even though they taste like very synthetic fruit flavored pieces of compressed chalk, they are quite moreish.
    "BE MINE" Yummy...
    "HUG ME" Crunch...
    "ALL YOURS" must. stop. eating. them....
    143 weeks ago
    I lesbians it ;)
    143 weeks ago
    I like it, but mayby change the angle of the heartn so that its facing a bit more forwards.
    personal preference is all.
    143 weeks ago
    Walrus said: I like it, but mayby change the angle of the heartn so that its facing a bit more forwards.

personal preference is all.

I did try that when I was drafting it in a 3d package, fliping it around at various angles. This angle seems to be the one that gives the illusion of depth when drawn as psuedo 3d using vectors. At a more face-on angle it starts looking too flat.

After leaving the design alone for a day I'm finally pretty happy with it. Time not staring at it on the monitor was time well spent. :)
    143 weeks ago
    I've been very very anxious for a Scott Pilgrim shirt.

Love the design! Not sure I could get away with wearing that one to work though. lol
    143 weeks ago
    If you give the circles a thin pink stroke I think it will polish it up and give it that extra bit of depth
    143 weeks ago
    drwyrick said: Love the design! Not sure I could get away with wearing that one to work though. lol

Thanks. I'd be tempted to wear it under another pale shirt :)
    beware1984 said: If you give the circles a thin pink stroke I think it will polish it up and give it that extra bit of depth

Great thing about vectors is that was very easy to try. I just this minute tried your suggestion and unfortunately, cool as the idea was, it didn't work. I also tried it with a few other colors too. Well, thanks anyway. You never know until you try.
    143 weeks ago
    I'm in lesbians with it :)
    143 weeks ago
    I lesbians this so much.
    Also, this is really making me want candy hearts. In July. :l
    142 weeks ago
    Thanks for the support.

I hope Teefury will select it. But I wonder if such an overt mention of lesbians on the design might disuade them from choosing it (as some people can get a bit funny about this sort of thing). I hope not.

Fingers crossed.