Back to forum
rss 157 weeks ago
So, I've spent all day drawing and designing a t-shirt design that I hope people would like and I hope to send it to TeeFury for consideration.. But the only thing stopping me is that I cannot seem to make the image size small enough to send. I have the size all the way down to 450x550 pixels and it's still at 590-something kbs. Any suggestions?
10Comments
    157 weeks ago
    When you export from your design software to jpg there should be a sliding "quality" scale (in illustrator its like 1 to 11 or something) trying bringing down the number a bit to get it under 500 kb. Hope this helps
    157 weeks ago
    I've tried that, I had it literally all the way to 0 quality and it's still no good. Thank you for the reply, though. :D
    157 weeks ago
    Also, I see others posting their designs.. would it be okay if I show mine and see if it's up to snuff?
    157 weeks ago
    Sure, go ahead.
    Also, are you saving the picture as a jpeg? I find it hard to imagine any jpeg being larger than half a meg at the resolution you stated. If you've saved it as something else, that will bloat the filesize.
    157 weeks ago
    Use the 'save for web' option. :)
    157 weeks ago
    it is as a Jpeg... and I'll try that Save for Web option to see if it works. :D I forgot Photoshop had that.. but here's the design from Photobucket.

Well, the IMG tags dont seem to be working, so here's a link to it.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/KamenZero/BatmanAndRobinLogo4.jpg
    157 weeks ago
    Like Chuffy, I find it very unusual that the data-size should be so large. Maybe it’s not in RGB mode but something different?

Anyway the noted "Save for Web"-option should take care of that. :-)

As for the image-Tag...

BatmanAndRobinLogo4.jpg

Seems to work fine. ;-)
    157 weeks ago
    RGB mode.. maybe i had it in CMYK. Thats what im most use to using. Hah. And thank you for posting up the image. The image tags didnt seem to want to work in Live Preview, so i assumed they just didnt work for some reason.
    157 weeks ago
    Perfect! I changed the image to RGB mode and at full quality it's now 149 kbs. Thank you all for all of your help!!!!

And I'm sorry I double-post so much. There doesn't seem to be an edit button.. But, while I'm here, can I get some critique on the image?

For clarification, I -did- make everything from scratch in Illustrator and Photoshop, including the Robin and Batman logos. They were drawn with the Pen tool.
    157 weeks ago
    I’m glad I could help. :-)

As for the image-tag and the preview. The preview worked fine (IE9). But maybe if the image was a CMYK-JPG maybe your browser didn’t display it?

As for the image, I personally think it’s a bit too close to the original logos which could cause copyright problems. But I am not an expert since I myself just got my first submission underway... ;-)

Anyway if you’re looking for more feedback I suggest you open another thread with a title referring to your design(s). "Image size" will probably not be clicked so often.