Back to forum
rss 144 weeks ago
Has there ever been a Snape shirt? I've looked thru tons of the gallery and while I see plenty of HP shirts there's no Snape I can find. I'd buy one in a heartbeat.
20Comments
    144 weeks ago
    You know what Snape did...right?

I also would consider buying it, Snape is awesome.
    144 weeks ago
    Indeed!
    144 weeks ago
    I would love a Snape shirt I still have Trust Snape stickers from when the last book was on pre-order
    144 weeks ago
    Ironwings said: I would love a Snape shirt I still have Trust Snape stickers from when the last book was on pre-order
    Haha, I had Trust Snape stickers too. After HBP, I was ADAMANT Snape was still a good guy when arguing with a friend of mine! I gave the stickers to a nice teenager last year though. Spread the Snape love! ;)
    144 weeks ago
    Oh, Snape was a good guy. In the epilogue to the final book, nineteen years after Harry beats Voldemort, Harry has named his second-born son Albus Severus (after Albus Dumbledore and Severus Snape). Albus is scared that he'll be sorted into Slytherin and Harry says, "you were named for two headmasters of Hogwarts. One of them was a Slytherin and he was probably the bravest man I ever knew." Dumbledore was a Gryffindor.

Dumbledore knew he'd have to die to keep Snape's true allegiance secret. A bit like the story (later proven not to be true, but WHAT a story), of how the British knew that Coventry was going to be bombed in World War 2, but couldn't reveal that they knew because then the Germans would know that the Allies could read their enigma codes.

It's an idea in storytelling that's old and modern, someone has to die to help the young hero in the end (the trope known as Mentor Occupational Hazard, Gandalf dying to help Frodo escape the Balrog, Obi-Wan dying to help Luke escape, Chiron from Greek Mythology sacrificed his life allowing mankind to obtain the use of fire, and so on).
    144 weeks ago
    I smurf at type so I won't touch it but it might be cool if someone did like a Snape's resume shirt, include things like Deatheater, Half-Blood Prince, Potions Master, DDA sub, double agent, and whatever else they could pull up cause he really does a lot maybe on parchment or something ... just a idea that popped into my head
    144 weeks ago
    I would buy a Snape shirt in a second if it came out. I always knew Snape was a good guy from the beginning and stuck with it until the end. He was also one of the biggest BAs in the whole series, so there really needs to be a shirt of him.
    144 weeks ago
    Snape is literally my fave character in the series, and the reason I love Slytherin so much. Since he is the "half-blood prince", maybe something along those lines. If one wanted to do one of those faux business tees, it could be Half Blood Prince Hexes and Jinxes or something like that. Or a tee featuring a bookplate stating "this book is the property of the half blood prince", with snapes outline or something. On the other hand, one could also easily do something along a double agent theme/007 snape MashedPotato. Hope someone does one eventually. Snape rules.
    144 weeks ago
    So I was thinking of the resume thing I said earlier and tought it might be more appropriate as a recipe for a Snape Potion, a dash of DeatherEater, Cup of Influence of Dumbledore type thing so yeah
    144 weeks ago
    What if it was a 007 reference with the view down the gun barrel with Snape pointing a wand at it instead of Bond with a gun?
    143 weeks ago
    Jackpot777 said: Oh, Snape was a good guy. In the epilogue to the final book, nineteen years after Harry beats Voldemort, Harry has named his second-born son Albus Severus (after Albus Dumbledore and Severus Snape). Albus is scared that he'll be sorted into Slytherin and Harry says, "you were named for two headmasters of Hogwarts. One of them was a Slytherin and he was probably the bravest man I ever knew." Dumbledore was a Gryffindor.

Dumbledore knew he'd have to die to keep Snape's true allegiance secret. A bit like the story (later proven not to be true, but WHAT a story), of how the British knew that Coventry was going to be bombed in World War 2, but couldn't reveal that they knew because then the Germans would know that the Allies could read their enigma codes.

It's an idea in storytelling that's old and modern, someone has to die to help the young hero in the end (the trope known as Mentor Occupational Hazard, Gandalf dying to help Frodo escape the Balrog, Obi-Wan dying to help Luke escape, Chiron from Greek Mythology sacrificed his life allowing mankind to obtain the use of fire, and so on).

yeah thanks for ruining it for those of us who haven't read the book

next time you want to spoil a new movie could you, may consider heading your message with a spoiler alert
    143 weeks ago
    Wow! You have gone FOUR years (since that secret was revealed in he books) without knowing that Snape was a double agent for the good guys? And you couldn't guess it just based on the story line? My hubby who has seen probably a total of 25 minutes of all the other potter films sat down and watched half blood prince with me, and concluded that Snape was faking the whole bad guy thing.
    143 weeks ago
    biancac said: Wow! You have gone FOUR years (since that secret was revealed in he books) without knowing that Snape was a double agent for the good guys? And you couldn't guess it just based on the story line? My hubby who has seen probably a total of 25 minutes of all the other potter films sat down and watched half blood prince with me, and concluded that Snape was faking the whole bad guy thing.

Lets question the guys intelligence, why not?
    143 weeks ago
    biancac said: Wow! You have gone FOUR years (since that secret was revealed in he books) without knowing that Snape was a double agent for the good guys? And you couldn't guess it just based on the story line? My hubby who has seen probably a total of 25 minutes of all the other potter films sat down and watched half blood prince with me, and concluded that Snape was faking the whole bad guy thing.

well excuse me if I happened to not have read a popular series....... and I suppose your hubby must just be a better detective than I am, although I must say that there is a BIG difference between thinking something and knowing something
    143 weeks ago
    bonome81 said:
    Jackpot777 said: Oh, Snape was a good guy. In the epilogue to the final book, nineteen years after Harry beats Voldemort, Harry has named his second-born son Albus Severus (after Albus Dumbledore and Severus Snape). Albus is scared that he'll be sorted into Slytherin and Harry says, "you were named for two headmasters of Hogwarts. One of them was a Slytherin and he was probably the bravest man I ever knew." Dumbledore was a Gryffindor.

yeah thanks for ruining it for those of us who haven't read the book

next time you want to spoil a new movie could you, may consider heading your message with a spoiler alert

Hahaha come on now. If you were genuinely worried about Harry Potter spoilers you would have had to avoid the internet for the last few years. I haven't watch any of the movie or read any book and still know all that.
    143 weeks ago
    A Snape tee would be too kickass for words! Seriously, just amazing. I'd buy it in a second!
    143 weeks ago
    This is a thread for snape lovers. I think he would appreciate the questioning of intelligence. But come on, it is pretty funny to have avoided that little fact for 4 years and get it spoiled on a teefury message board *tears*. Just curious - did you find out Dumbledore was killed in advance, or were you able to not hear about that also?
    143 weeks ago
    I also think snape would like to read a book without spoilers.
    143 weeks ago
    LMAO. I think Snape would have read the books, and not bothered with the films at all.

WWSD??
    143 weeks ago
    biancac said: This is a thread for snape lovers. I think he would appreciate the questioning of intelligence. But come on, it is pretty funny to have avoided that little fact for 4 years and get it spoiled on a teefury message board *tears*. Just curious - did you find out Dumbledore was killed in advance, or were you able to not hear about that also?

Oh I'm sorry, I though this was a forum about tee shirts........ I did know about Dumbledore, but frankly I do not feel that a lack of knowledge about a children's book is shameful.

I am not the only one who waited for the movies and I am just of the opinion that telling the ending of a story is a smurfy thing to do, I guess you don't agree