Back to forum
rss 144 weeks ago
Something I've been thinking about this for a while and with the attention Lo-Pan got, I see there is a Big Trouble in Little China fan base here. So I started work on this.

Photobucket

I'm playing with the fonts and truck image. really want an opinion on the "flag". Should it stay or go?

any thoughts?
10Comments
    144 weeks ago
    I LOVE the Jack Burton trucking concept tee. But maybe actually use something from the movie, like "The Pork Chop Express." The flag i'm not really fond of, it seems the font and truck image don't blend well.

But keep it up, you've definitely got a great idea.
    144 weeks ago
    This is certainly a rough work -hence the friction between truck and fonts.
    I thought any reference to the "pork chop express" would be like hitting someone on the head. I did think about adding the phrase "it's all in the reflexes" between the main test and "est.1986" ...but maybe to strong as well...
    Thanks for the support, I'll keep on "trucking" with this one.
    144 weeks ago
    whatdavedoes said: This is certainly a rough work -hence the friction between truck and fonts.

I thought any reference to the "pork chop express" would be like hitting someone on the head. I did think about adding the phrase "it's all in the reflexes" between the main test and "est.1986" ...but maybe to strong as well...

Thanks for the support, I'll keep on "trucking" with this one.

I am no artist by any means, just look past that :P . "It's all in the reflexes" sounds like a much better idea. Keep at it, can't wait to buy one.
    143 weeks ago
    Did some more work....I think the basic black shirt works for Burton.

[IMG]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f339/dvsgiant/burtontruckingWIP-1.jpg[/IMG]

I feel like I should add something else. So I'm asking for thoughts while I go work on a MacReady survival school design...I'm on Kurt Russell/John Carpeter kick.
    143 weeks ago
    don't know why I linked it. Here is the pic.
    Photobucket
    143 weeks ago
    Photobucket
    143 weeks ago
    I thought I could edit my replys...oops. sorry for the multi-pics. This is the one in question.

Photobucket
    142 weeks ago
    Nice going, I like it on the black, it looks more authentic, and the truck style.

But should can't be can?
    142 weeks ago
    Oops. Good check. Glad I threw it out for quality control.
    Glad you like the black. I think I'll 'distress" it a little (correct the phrase) and submit it. Thanks
    142 weeks ago
    Sounds great, good luck with the submission. If it was up to me it would be chosen!