Back to forum
rss 144 weeks ago
So I've been having a little trouble redoing my Jawas design to make it look better on a tee.

Original Version

Redone Version

I'm not liking the way that the jawa is cut off on the bottom, but am having trouble fixing the problem. Also not really sure what colors teefury uses, do they have a lighter brown?

Comments?
9Comments
    144 weeks ago
    UTINI!
    I think the first design works well without the text or black border outside of the white edge.
    Mess with an original design too much and the eyes start to detect something is off.
    I played around in my paint program trying to fix the redone version and the key missing elements appeared to be the white rectangle behind the JAWAS text and the white border frame. Just adding these two visual cues greatly reduced the "there's something not right" feeling.
    Hope you don't have to spend too many more hours finesseing. It's time well spent but it's also a chore until you get to the final version.
    Good luck :)
    144 weeks ago
    Try #2

work.7445098.1.fig,brown,mens,fbfbfb.jawas-v3.jpg
    144 weeks ago
    Instant recognition.
    Still my eye kept telling me the Jawa looked underground, so after about 10 minutes of mixing up the ground colours I realised the bottom portion of your Redone version pasted into the Try#2 version looked best. In my opinion at least.
    Try#2 + ground from Redone.
    See what others think.
    144 weeks ago
    work.7445623.1.fig,brown,mens,fbfbfb.jawas-v3.jpg

Thanks Chuffy :)
    144 weeks ago
    it looks great as the try#2 pic shows, i hope teefury picks it i want 1
    144 weeks ago
    I like #2 the most. #1 seems too crowded to me with all of the lettering. The other two are more subtle but still identifiable.
    144 weeks ago
    Ok, absolutely last suggestion. Please feel free to ignore it entirely, I may well be wrong.
    boonies.jpg
    Added sand colored image with ripples like you see on sand dunes. Because they radiate wider near the Jawa and closer near 3PO, they give an illusion of depth.
    Of course working in a sand color with the limited palette may be tricky without using halftones.
    143 weeks ago
    Just a heads up - someone has a similar idea/design out there that was posted on Furious Fanboys today http://furiousfanboys.com/2011/07/just-when-you-thought-it-was-safe/

I like yours better though!
    143 weeks ago
    I've seen multiple versions of this idea now including one with numerous jawas swimming like fish. After what happened to swissarmyshark you may want to give it some thought before you start selling it.