Back to forum
rss 158 weeks ago
I don't know if this would be a problem, whether it's with the artists or some other reason, but I was hoping TF could start doing reprints. My idea is that they could pick out 5-10 popular designs and have the TF community vote on them, then print the winner at the end of every month. Considering there's about 30 shirts per month it'd be impossible to catch up, and they might could even include 2nd and 3rd place in the next month's line-up.

I know there are a lot of people who would love to get an old design that they missed out on, myself included. So what does everyone think? Feel free to improve this idea too, as I'm sure it's not perfect. =P
25Comments
    158 weeks ago
    It would save them having to choose one less T-Shirt design per month. By having the month's top 3 reprint on the last day of the month or something like that. I'm sure it would be popular and on the last day of the month filks should have some money to spend. ;)
    I guess they would have to request permission from the artists again though, and in future change the details on the submission page.
    As an artist, I would not object to having my shirt up twice. Of course, I need to get a design up once first. Support my current submission here: Scotty's Starship Repair Shop
    158 weeks ago
    Folks not filks. smuuuuuurf this forum desperately needs an edit function.
    158 weeks ago
    meow! silly language filter. D a r n.
    158 weeks ago
    I think this is a really good idea, and I hope Teefury gives it a lot of consideration.
    158 weeks ago
    Chuffy said: . Support my current submission here: Scotty's Starship Repair Shop

dude, advertising like this is not cool
    158 weeks ago
    Walrus said:

I'm on a T-shirt website talking about a T-shirts and submitted to this site on this forum.
    If talking about T-shirt on the forum is not cool, what are we supposed to discuss? No-one is forcing you to click the link.
    158 weeks ago
    I don't see the point. There will always win a star wars or dr who shirt anyways. But yeh.. cool for those people i guess.

158 weeks ago
    Chuffy said:
    Walrus said:

I'm on a T-shirt website talking about a T-shirts and submitted to this site on this forum.
    If talking about T-shirt on the forum is not cool, what are we supposed to discuss? No-one is forcing you to click the link.

but you made your own topic
    you're practically spamming , which most people dislike.
    also you triple posted
    158 weeks ago
    @Walrus - It's not really that big of a deal. He did contribute to the topic so...doesn't really matter.

@dimdi - I thought about that too...since Dr. Who in particular is so popular, maybe they could have all Who shirts a couple times. Actually, a themed lineup sounds kinda good. Wouldn't be able to do it a lot, since you can only have so many themes, but yeah. Have Who shirts one time, movie-related shirts another, video game-related, etc..
    158 weeks ago
    I wouldn't have triple posted at the start, if there was an edit function. (I'd be happy if a moderator edited the typo in my first post and deleted the 2 following)
    As for accusing me of spamming, you'll find I have made supportive and constructive posts on many other artists post requesting feedback.
    I also posted constructively first here. End of the month, the top 3 designs should be up for sale again when people have their wages.
    Please quit flamming me.
    158 weeks ago
    They are definitely not hard up for submissions so the whole "they'd have one less day they'd have to choose a design" argument doesn't make sense to me. Heck I try to submit a design a week!

As for reprinting I think im the only one who's gonna say I think they shouldn't. It would ruin the exclusivity of the 24 hour model. Plus selling and trading in the forums gives tf its personality!
    158 weeks ago
    I kind of agree with beware1984, that's one less chance a month for artists to get printed (which isn't really that much, but still), plus I love coming to see what the new shirt is every day and I think I'd be disappointed on the last day of the month knowing it was a reprint and not something new. Although I might be excited if it was one I had missed.

I think it could be a good idea, but maybe if they had a new shirt of the day as well as the reprint it would be better. Like Chuffy said, it would be cool for the artist who was chosen to get their shirt featured twice, but on the other hand it would be 12 fewer original shirts featured a year.

As you can see, I'm kind of on the fence about the issue :P
    158 weeks ago
    Perhaps TeeFury can set something up where they could sell the shirt of the day AND the shirt from the day before, thereby giving each shirt 48 hours to sell, yet giving customers a new shirt everyday.

That seems like a fair compromise to me.
    158 weeks ago
    Simply put...if it ain't broke, don't fix it! TeeFury is awesome as is :)
    158 weeks ago
    I think it's an interesting idea.
    158 weeks ago
    That kind of ruins the luster of the site. The entire site revolves around 1 shirt for 24hrs. If you missed a shirt the first time around, good news, they do a grab bag every so often as well.

The idea, is kinda like how MTV stopped playing music all together and only plays reality tv now... or Cartoon Network showing live action movies.

I visit the site every single day, and submit a design on a weekly basis. I enjoy the fact that they can have a new shhirt every single day and then it doesn't coome back again. It's an incentive for fans of the design, to pick up the shirt that day, or miss out.

158 weeks ago
    Well...it would only be 12 reprints a year. That still leaves 353 unique designs. I don't want them to completely revamp the site or anything, it's just a somewhat minor change.

As for the incentive to buy, I agree with that. But the people who didn't even know about it until later...it's just kind of a bummer to find out you missed it.

But I dunno. That's just the way I see it.
    158 weeks ago
    It sounds okay, but does take away from the gone in 24hrs thing. And anyways people would complain because those goram Star Wars and Who shirts would win everytime and thats would be one more day an orignal art work shirt would lose it's chance.

Also the grab bag would lose some of it's awesomeness
    158 weeks ago
    Chuffy said: I wouldn't have triple posted at the start, if there was an edit function. (I'd be happy if a moderator edited the typo in my first post and deleted the 2 following)
    As for accusing me of spamming, you'll find I have made supportive and constructive posts on many other artists post requesting feedback.
    I also posted constructively first here. End of the month, the top 3 designs should be up for sale again when people have their wages.
    Please quit flamming me.

Public opinion appears to agaisnt me , so i'll end this.
    158 weeks ago
    so basically do what woot is doing with their shirts?
    158 weeks ago
    You mean the Reckoning? That's not really what I had in mind. =P Everything about TF would be the same, except certain designs would show up twice.
    158 weeks ago
    problem besides this being one less chance for other artists to get printed & this probably being one massive Dr. Star Whos circle j'%§k is the fact that TeeFury only has the right to print and sell the design once and for 24hrs only. it says so in the legal terms & conditions. and THIS means, they'd have to contact the designers again, who may or may not have the design to some other site already. also, it kinda would take away from the whole idea of Tee Today, Gone Tomorrow ...
    158 weeks ago
    Sorry but I think this totally goes against the whole concept of the site.

The shirt is only available here for one day...you either get it then or you don't. Its a brilliant ploy that forces you to check back every single day to make sure you don't miss that 'must have' design.

And lets be honest, most shirts become available elsewhere sooner of later as the artist retain rights to their designs and obviously want to continue making money from it.
    Will it be more expensive than it was here at Teefury? Yep...but if you really really want it you'll most likely cough up the change for it.
    158 weeks ago
    Upon reading through some of the more recent discussion I am inclined to agree that allowing reprints would provide less of an incentive for people to buy within the original 24-hour period, so it doesn't really make sense economically. Additionally I think it does detract from the "luster" of a 24-hour design, and it would seriously impact trading and grab bags which are a big part of the community on this forum.
    158 weeks ago
    Like I said, it's more to give people who completely missed it a chance. And I dunno...personally I wouldn't say 'Oh, maybe it'll get printed again', cause the odds of that happening would be slim.

Obviously though this whole thing is generally frowned upon here, so I'll go ahead and give this one up lol.

@codenamerocky - Yeah, a few designs I want are on Redbubble...but $25 for one shirt? As much as I want them, that's just a little too expensive. =P