Back to forum
rss 144 weeks ago

Is anybody here a fan of the band Ok Go? I came up with this after seeing them live and I just wondered what people thought and whether music related designs were worth submitting, because I haven't seen many on sale anywhere?
3Comments
    144 weeks ago
    I love OK Go, but I don't think this shirt counts as parody enough to be printed here. Since the band actually wears outfits almost exactly those, it's pretty much just an ad for OK Go, and would probably run into some copyright issues (they have a store on their website with some shirts, maybe not quite like this one but similar). If you could think of a way to make a MashedPotato with another pop culture reference or something, it could possibly work, I don't think there's anything against music-related tees specifically and it might be cool to see more.
    144 weeks ago
    Agreeing with Surfercat35 here. If there were four letters (O-K-G-O) on treadmills, or doing a dance routine in a park, or part of a marching band or a Goldberg Machine contraption ...that would be parody. Especially if the letters looked a little like the band (flat cap, glasses, facial hair and all). But this is just them. With the digital displays on them.

ok_go.jpg
    144 weeks ago
    I've been considering the whole music shirt thing as well and was wondering the same thing as far as demand goes. I agree that you'd probably run into copyright issues with this design. My suggestion? Maybe send it to the band and try to work out a deal for them to sell it as merch? The worst that could happen is they say no...