Back to forum
rss 145 weeks ago
Hey guys... this is still a work in progress, as I'm having some issues with contouring in a five-color range vector. I'm also undecided as to what color shirt for the background, but I'm going for a color other than white.

Anyhoo... I'd really like some opinions on the design in general. I'm open to criticism, but please be kind. :)

Thanks!

18Comments
    145 weeks ago
    Ha I love it! Great concept! I think Ed still needs some refinement, but he's looking good so far. It might look good on an orange shirt as sort of an homage to Nickelodeon, or maybe red. Awesome idea!
    145 weeks ago
    Thanks, surfer cat! Ed TOTALLY needs some refinement! I was thinking an orange shirt, as well... so I'm glad there would be people who might want to wear that color. I know a lot of people on here have been averse to red.
    145 weeks ago
    Yeah, I would definitely wear an orange shirt, but I imagine some people may think it would be too bright. The only color I'm hesitant about wearing at all is white, especially if the color goes really well with the design.
    145 weeks ago
    oh my my this is great. welcome to goodburger home of the goodburger can I take your order? I agree with the above statements; if you can, working orange in would be awesome :D
    145 weeks ago
    Thanks, you two! As I play around with the vector, I'm thinking maybe not a neon orange for a shirt... like a faded orange? That way, it's not as bright...

PLUS... WHO LOVES ORANGE SODA?!?!
    145 weeks ago
    Here's an update version. I'm having a hard time with the image I was using as an example of his skintone/highlighting because it's so pixelated. I can't find a better one, so I've scrapped that one for now. But I'm going to keep looking because I'm in love with it.

So this is what I've done in the meantime, including a lighter orange color for the background. :)

I'm contemplating maybe fading it and stressing it so it looks retro.

Let me know what you think!

Goodburger
    145 weeks ago
    Looks awesome! Yeah try the fading/stressing and post what that looks like, but even if this was the final product I'd buy it.
    145 weeks ago
    TheGhostman said: Looks awesome! Yeah try the fading/stressing and post what that looks like, but even if this was the final product I'd buy it.

Will do, thanks!
    145 weeks ago
    Love the concept, and orange is the way to go. But why the lolcat phrase? Just "Can I take your orrrrdeeeerrrr?" or some variation of the actual phrase would work better I think. I wouldn't want to wear a shirt that says "i can haz..."
    145 weeks ago
    How about just "Who loves orange soda?!"
    145 weeks ago
    Zerkaboid said: Love the concept, and orange is the way to go. But why the lolcat phrase? Just "Can I take your orrrrdeeeerrrr?" or some variation of the actual phrase would work better I think. I wouldn't want to wear a shirt that says "i can haz..."

I wasn't sure if it'd be enough of a parody without the lolcatz. But I will whip up a second version with his catch phrase. It's too bad we can't do art on the back or I'd do an "I'm a dude..." checklist! LOL.

CarpeNoctum said: How about just "Who loves orange soda?!"

That's from Kenan and Kel lol. Or I would. :)
    145 weeks ago
    welcome to good burger, home of the good burger. Can i take your order please?
    145 weeks ago
    I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, 'cause we're all dudes!
    145 weeks ago
    Design update: First pic is the original with a change in text, second is the text change with distressing. Let me know what you think!

1z23slg.jpg

jt8etj.jpg
    145 weeks ago
    I think I like the second one.
    145 weeks ago
    Thanks! I think I will be sending the second one in then, so long as no one has any other advice. :-)
    145 weeks ago
    Do a Who Loves Orange Soda shirt n ill buy
    145 weeks ago
    Kiddy_Kong said: Do a Who Loves Orange Soda shirt n ill buy

I'm on a Nickelodeon kick... so no worries. It's coming. :)