Back to forum
rss 145 weeks ago
Here's a new design inspired by the movie Inception and I wanted to ask everyone's opinion on something. Does it need the totem? I think the repeating t-shirt design almost works by itself. And I kind of like the light association to the movie.

Inceptionwithtop
11Comments
    145 weeks ago
    Cool idea!

I would keep the totem, cause otherwise it’s pretty hard to get the reference I think...
    145 weeks ago
    What an awesome design! I think it's really creative and unique. I would definitely keep the totem because it's the perfect reference to the film and I don't think the shirt would get printed if it was removed.

If I were to make any suggestion, it would be to invert the colors. I think the design would look better on a black tee.
    145 weeks ago
    a tshirt inside a tshirt inside a tshirt inside a tshirt inside a tshirt
    @.@

i like it haha
    145 weeks ago
    like it ? I love it.
    145 weeks ago
    Definitely needs a lot of refinement but I'm guessing you already know that. The idea is absolutely golden and I'd buy it in a heart beat, especially if you keep it on a white tee!
    145 weeks ago
    We need to go deeper!
    145 weeks ago
    Thanks for the support and opinions guys.

@BruceLeeroy: Am I the meanest? Sho'nuff. Am I the prettiest? Sho'nuff. I wonder if there would be interest in a Last Dragon shirt? And about the color inversion, I will try that and I will also try the red and dark blue color scheme for all the movie posters.

@Scafl: Could you be specific on the refinement. There's definitely some slight things I want to change, but I was planning on keeping the simple tee template look. I was going for the minimalist look, and I think the geometric line work adds to the infinity effect.

Anyone else's opinion on this would also be appreciated.

@Rocky: I think you found the title.
    145 weeks ago
    The Shogun of Harlem! The Last Dragon is awesome. If you were to make a Sho'nuff shirt, I'd be the first in line to buy it.
    145 weeks ago
    I'm intrigued, but skeptical of how the effect will hold up when the shirt is worn as opposed to sitting flat on a table. Still, great idea and best of luck with the rest of the design. Definitely keep the totem.
    144 weeks ago
    This is a great idea, but I agree bruceleeroy's suggestion of inverting the colors.
    144 weeks ago
    if you stare at it long enough, the design moves!

Not sure how well it will translate to a real shirt, but it would be interesting to find out.