Back to forum
rss 159 weeks ago
Hello,

I have a suggestion to improve this amazing forum.

I have noticed that the forum is a chaos of threads. All kinds of threads! And it's quite annoying imo. It would be way better if we had subforums!

Reasons:

i assume that Teefury is getting more populair with the day so the forum will be getting more threads aswell. With this idea it's not only easyer to find/scan the threads that you want. There is also less chance that threads get kicked back a few pages in a short time because of new threads. With subforums the threads are split.

Here is a concept to give you a better understanding:

Designer's Hall

(In this subforum people can post their designs and ask for feedback.)

The Market

(In this subforum people can sell/buy and trade tees!)

Help!

(In this subforum people can ask questions! Guides about programs etc. can also be posted here.)

Off-topic

(In here people can post rl pictures and things like that. But this subforum is optional imo. The first 3 subforums should alrdy cover most of the threads that we have in the forum.)

So yeh. This is basically the idea to improve the forum. I hope you like the idea and i can't think of any reasons to not implement it. Eccept for technical reasons (the website).

Thanks for reading!
18Comments
    159 weeks ago
    +1000 to this idea. At the very least having a separate forum dedicated to selling and trading would keep the clutter down, but I think the other categories you've suggested would work perfectly.
    159 weeks ago
    For the love of God YES!! At least relegate those trade/buy threads to their own area so they stop mucking it up for the other threads. I think everything else could peacefully coexist.
    159 weeks ago
    I think it's awesome that people have so much enthusiasm for trading shirts. But it really should be separate as it's exploding the forum. BUMP!
    159 weeks ago
    perfect perfect perfect. brilliant!
    159 weeks ago
    Yes! I agree 1000000000%
    159 weeks ago
    This would be soo fantastic! Please implement this ASAP!
    159 weeks ago
    I think this is a terrific idea!
    159 weeks ago
    Glad that people like it! I hope one of the adminds/mods will read this thread and give his/her opinion.
    159 weeks ago
    I think that would really help improving the usability of this forum quite a lot. right now it's hard to find anything, mainly due to all the trade threads

I have not the slightest idea how hard or easy it is to realize that kind of more complex forum though. I know that www.phpbb.com offers free forum software (which is pretty decent, a lot of forums actually run on this), but like I said: I'm a strict non-coding mammal, not a clue if this would be easily implementable or not ...
    159 weeks ago
    AAAHH! The trade requests are pushing this very thread out of sight! Must bump.
    159 weeks ago
    kgullholmen said: -snip-

Yeh i was wondering that aswell. I mean the website is alrdy a few years old and the forum never had a change (i think). Maybe they didn't change anything because there was no need (not a lot of traffic). Or.... because there were indeed technical probs! O.o

But i'm also clueless about coding and stuff like that so :p
    159 weeks ago
    Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease. ;__;

I would be so happy if this happened.
    159 weeks ago
    +1
    159 weeks ago
    Even just having trading separate from everything else would help a lot. I support your subforum idea.
    159 weeks ago
    1,000,000 degrees of agree!
    159 weeks ago
    I couldn't agree more!

Though I hope that it is possible with the forum software Teefury is using - I kinda like the "instant preview function". :-)
    159 weeks ago
    This thread is sinking in the quicksand of trade requests! Bump to the surface!
    159 weeks ago
    Pleeeeeeease? It would be nice to have them all sorted out, and the designers who want to post and offer help and such don't have to dig through all the buy/sell/trade stuff and possibly miss things.

As for the software...it looks like this thing is fairly proprietary, since it's inter-connected with your regular site account. a phpBB or anything of the sort would require a making a new account since its not uh, well, designed to be one big system over the whole site as it seems to be now.

I do realise that programming stuff like subforums isn't anywhere near as easy as a lot of people think it would be and I appreciate the effort that goes behind everything...but there is also a matter of losing functionality of the forums due to overloads of specific kinds of posts, etc that's also important to take into account. It can get easy for a person to get discouraged...