Back to forum
rss 146 weeks ago
I can't figure out any way to delete old threads on these forums. Mods, is there a way for a user to delete their own started threads, or if not, could we start a "Deletion" thread where users could post their thread links and mods could delete the threads?

I know I have a few threads that I would like to delete to cut down on confusion and clutter.
4Comments
    146 weeks ago
    Why do you need a thread deleted? Just stop posting/responding in the problem thread and you should be fine :)

We're not able to go through and delete threads on request due to time constraints.
    146 weeks ago
    I only asked because sometimes sell/trade threads become very cluttered, or you start a new thread because you have a new shirt you are looking for, and then things become confusing. I've had people comment on my old thread instead of my new one lately, bumping it up and bringing it out of retirement. If there were a way to delete old threads, that wouldn't happen. :)

For instance, this thread will exist forever, when it really doesn't need to. My question was answered, so this should be deleted or moved to a "dead threads" area so as not to clutter up the boards anymore. On other forums it's possible, so I wanted to see what the procedure (if any) was here. Thanks for answering!
    146 weeks ago
    Just post a big graphic on the thread you want killed:

THIS THREAD'S PURPOSE
    IS NOW SURPLUS TO
    REQUIREMENTS. DO NOT
    ANSWER IN THIS THREAD.

LET ME DIE IN PEACE.
    146 weeks ago
    Lol, I love your idea, Jackpot. I will try that out. ;)