Back to forum
rss 160 weeks ago
So I've been haunting the forum for the last two days trying to trade/sell my last shirt, and I thought it would be really cool if there was a directory of all shirts wanted/offered.

Kind of something like this

I'd be willing to help maintain it, but I just worry that too many people would not use it/not update when they no longer have/want a shirt.

Any thoughts? Note the tabs on the bottom for the different sizes, and the two different categories for each - shirts offered and shirts wanted.

10Comments
    160 weeks ago
    No thoughts?
    160 weeks ago
    I like it. I hate searching through the forums to find a shirt in my size. This would save a lot of clutter on the boards too
    160 weeks ago
    This is a great idea, but would involve way too much moderation.

The forums work most of the time, and when they don't it usually means no one wants that particular shirt, it's happened to me a few times =(

A better search function would be welcome, allowing users to search within all threads rather than just subject lines.
    160 weeks ago
    I like it, wrongheaven. Although your concern is also my concern. People would care... for 5 seconds. And then they'd go back to the old way.
    160 weeks ago
    Yeah that's what I think. I think a spreadsheet like that would be wonderfully helpful, but someone would trade, and not let me know and the shirt would still be there and it would get confusing.

I definitely think having separate forums for trades/ideas/misc. would be great.
    160 weeks ago
    Yeah.... this forum is strange like that. I think it's the only forum I've ever seen that is not stratified in any sort of way. I mean, even Smurfing 4chan has a modiBoldlyGo of organization.
    160 weeks ago
    And the obscenity filter is smurfing up entirely legitimate words.
    160 weeks ago
    ModiBoldlyGo? Yeah, it's just a fact of any filter that there can be friendly fire.
    159 weeks ago
    True, true.
    159 weeks ago
    Can I just say (without starting a new thread for it) the human test is driving me nuts? I'm sure I've typed in the right word, submit - and it's wrong and I've lost all I've typed UGH.

I've learned to just copy what I type before I submit just in case.
    (and, as I submitted that, it happened again)