Back to forum
rss 147 weeks ago
The first design is the one I submitted. The second is touched up and given the worn look. I submitted the first one almost a month ago, and am wondering if I should resub the second or make any other changes and submit.

Also looking for critique in general to help with future designs. I feel like this is instantly recognizable, there haven't been a lot of Kill Bill or Charlie's Angels designs, and it's a good parody crossover. So, I'm wondering, is there something wrong with the execution of the design? Any comments are appreciated!

billsvipersfinal

CHARLIESVIPERS

16Comments
    147 weeks ago
    Green with her kitchen knife, O-ren with Hatori Hanzo sword, and Elle as the nurse with the syringe. Being a silhoutette, I guess the eye patch is out of the question.

Well done, good idea, and nice to see the 70s logo. Universal HD is showing the old show: because the filmed it on 35mm film stock, converting it to HD widescreen was easy for them.
    147 weeks ago
    Very cool design. I like the scratched up look of the second one, but maybe tone it down a bit? Maybe 50% of what it's got now.
    147 weeks ago
    @jackpot: I thought about adding a gray tone or something to show some detail, namely because the eye patch would look cool. But I decided to keep it close to the iconic Angels logo.

@Zerkaboid: I agree, as soon as I posted it up I thought I overdid the scratch, if I resub I will tone it down. Glad you confirmed that.

Thanks guys, I will make sure to comment on any critiques you post.
    147 weeks ago
    Jackpot777 said: Green with her kitchen knife, O-ren with Hatori Hanzo sword, and Elle as the nurse with the syringe. Being a silhoutette, I guess the eye patch is out of the question.

Well done, good idea, and nice to see the 70s logo. Universal HD is showing the old show: because the filmed it on 35mm film stock, converting it to HD widescreen was easy for them.

Couldn't you just subtract where the eyepatch would be that way the yellow would show through? Pretty sure that would work
    147 weeks ago
    beware1984 said:
    Jackpot777 said: Green with her kitchen knife, O-ren with Hatori Hanzo sword, and Elle as the nurse with the syringe. Being a silhoutette, I guess the eye patch is out of the question.

Couldn't you just subtract where the eyepatch would be that way the yellow would show through? Pretty sure that would work

That's what I was going to suggest.

Great idea though, and I really like how it turned out. that would put it over the top though.
    146 weeks ago
    Thanks again for the comments. I hear you on the eye patch. I'm still not convinced for two reasons. For one it's a side view, so you don't really get that great of a view of the patch. And two, if there was a detail for all three deadly vipers I would be all for it, but I don't know if it's worth breaking the pattern for one character. Even if the eye patch is awesome.

Anyways, I've tried it out and would like to hear more opinions because I should probably listen to you guys or there's no reason to post critiques. Here's less scratch and more patch.

CHARLIESVIPERSlessscratchMOREPATCH

and this one just has the reduced scratch:
    CHARLIESVIPERSlessscratch
    146 weeks ago
    I have to say, I kind of like the one with the eye patch...
    146 weeks ago
    I think the eye patch adds to it nicely. I think it works without the other two having that extra detail, since they don't really need it.

Either way, i really like the work
    146 weeks ago
    Love the meshes! I like the one with the eye patch too.
    146 weeks ago
    man im a huge fan of tarantino! well i would go for the second one if they are the only options but looks a bit clip arty. no offense
    146 weeks ago
    Sounds like most people like the eye patch so I will go with that. Plus as this is a planned resub after its month expires, that will be an extra change in addition to the worn look. And maybe the gods of TeeFury will admire my tenacity instead of being annoyed.
    146 weeks ago
    JoJoNathan said: man im a huge fan of tarantino! well i would go for the second one if they are the only options but looks a bit clip arty. no offense

JoJo,
    Could you explain why it looks like Clip Art? Is it that it's a simple design, because the design that inspired it is also simple? I have it linked below.

Or is it that the execution of the design isn't perfect? I'd appreciate anyone else's thoughts on this too, especially if they are specific.

Also I plan on fixing up the eye patch, that was just for testing that design.

Charlie's Angels
    146 weeks ago
    I know I'm outvoted, but I prefer it without the eyepatch. I think it preserves the integrity of the silhouette.

I think it's awesome!
    146 weeks ago
    Gotta keep the eyepatch! It makes it pop, besides its not Elle w/o it. This is SO Awesome that i would have to buy one for all my friends as well, Great idea, I really hope they print it because i need this shirt! (P.s yay for a yellow shirt!)
    146 weeks ago
    You need the eyepatch! That's what let's you know who it is . Without it that would be like drawing captain hook without the hook.

One suggestion though I don't think you need the black part in the middle of the patch. Just scoot the patch part itself to the left a bit and leave the bridge of her nose only cut off by the band. Does that make sense?
    146 weeks ago
    Freakin' Awesome! I love this!
    I think I like it with the eye patch, too.
    I would buy one!....or two!