Back to forum
rss 159 weeks ago
Hello there. I stumbled across this website just a few weeks ago and I am a regular visitor since.
The creativity of the designers is amazing and reflects the love for the original franchises quite vividly.

This said I myself happened to design some shirts for a (Star) Trek Dinner in Germany about 10 to 15 years ago - which feels like a lifetime. Unfortunately most of these designs were too close to original caracters like a certain yellow family to show them on an open forum.

Anyway, this site reminded me of some of the best times I had, creating t-shirt designs and as it happened to be I kinda got pushed to take part in a small local art exhibition for amateurs in my home city near Cologne, Germany.

For this exhibition I created a space scene with a sign warning about a certain predator (no, not that one - the other ;) ) floating adrift. As a byproduct I thought that the sign alone could make a cool shirt design. Since it is a reminiscence to the famous Australian road signs it has naturally only two colors and could be printed on various-coloured t-shirts - so here it’s just on plain white background:

...and here it is included in the space scene for all who are interested.

So I would like to know what you guys think of it. Is it worth a shot?

Fire away. :)

Kind regards and keep up the good work
Okona
19Comments
    159 weeks ago
    I like it without the space background - it seems a tad too cheesy with it. Cool idea.
    159 weeks ago
    I like it, i don't know about the space background though, cuz' if that's the case, i don't think it'll work on a shirt (on teefury that is).

I love the idea of the street sign though.
    You could put it on a street or something..
    159 weeks ago
    I agree. Cool idea, and I'd even consider a buy. But, regarding your thread title, isn't that a regular Alien and not a chestbuster/embryo/whatever?
    159 weeks ago
    Thanks for the feedback. As mentioned above the space motive is only for the exhibition and I totaly agree that it would not work on a Shirt. ;-)

@jpogleby: Weren’t they all little chestbusters once... ? :-)
    159 weeks ago
    Yep, they were. :)
    159 weeks ago
    I'd replace the xenomorph with a few eggs, maybe one opening and a facehugger crawling out.

Or mash it up with spaceballd and do the chestbuster with the hat and cane dancing.

"just don't have the special"
    159 weeks ago
    I like it
    159 weeks ago
    I like it too.
    159 weeks ago
    Again thanks for the input.

@SeckzBobOmb: Somehow I don’t think that the eggs with facehugger would have the same graphical impact as the fierce "alien warrior" itself. But I do like the idea of an egg/facehugger motive - maybe something for the future... we will see. ;-)

The dancing Spaceballs-Alien would give the sign a comic touch which I would not like as it is intended to really look like an Australian style warning sign.

Nevertheless I am tinking about giving the picture some kind of a worn look which I like on t-shirts a lot. I’ll keep you posted. :-)

Keep the Feedback coming in, please. :-)
    159 weeks ago
    Here we go again... ;-)

ChestbusterTA20110630.jpg

This time with the mentioned worn effect and on a black background. What do you think?

Black being the designated t-shirt color would bring down the used colors to just one (or does it has advantages to print black on black in this case?)
    159 weeks ago
    Wow.. looks really cool. Would totally buy it.

BUMP for more thought !!
    159 weeks ago
    Thanks for the positive and encouraging feedback. :-)

Today I photoshopped the Logo on diferent-colored T-Shirts (probably a little bit too large, though) and here are the three alternatives that would give the motive the right contrast in my opinion:

1. Black shirt
    alien-black.jpg

2. Dark blue shirt
    alien-blue.jpg

3. Dark brown shirt
    alien-brown.jpg

What do you think... which color should it be?

BTW: I hope it is OK I used the orginal pics from Teefury since the images are only to be used in this forum?
    159 weeks ago
    i dunno, i'm not really an expert on color. (but I personally would go with the black)
    159 weeks ago
    I love it and would buy it on a BLACK shirt!
    159 weeks ago
    I'll get it if it's on white or silver! =)
    159 weeks ago
    Black...

ps. All roadsigns must have a bullet hole(s)

pps. My ps can and should be ignored.
    157 weeks ago
    It’s done... my first design is submitted. It took me some while to put up at least a small portfolio website...

Well from now on it’s “wait and see” I guess. Thanks for the encouragement and input to all of you. :-)
    157 weeks ago
    I hope you submitted on the navy blue color, cause it looks awesome
    157 weeks ago
    Aaron.Sullivan said: I hope you submitted on the navy blue color, cause it looks awesome

Actually I submitted it on a black background but as I understand the shirt color will be determined in the process following the acceptance of the motive...

... in other words "We’ll cross that bridge, when IF we get there. ;-)

But I am glad you like it in the first place! :-)