Back to forum
rss 146 weeks ago
I've been working on it for weeks, and I'm soooo close to done. I was hoping for some feedback, criticism, etc. Especially concerning colors. My computer isn't the best for displaying them accurately, and I'm not 100% sold. I think tomorrow I'll try a lighter gray, and I know I need to raise the one band at the top. If anyone can see any errors, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!!! :)

123Comments
    146 weeks ago
    I'm not a Doctor Who fan, but may I say that looks fantastic?
    146 weeks ago
    I love it, it's awesome!!! As far as colors, it's very orange, I can't quite decide if I would prefer the yellow-orange of the background and his skin tone be more of a cream color and less of an orange-y color or if it looks fine as it is. The design is fantastic regardless.
    146 weeks ago
    Surfercat35 said: I love it, it's awesome!!! As far as colors, it's very orange, I can't quite decide if I would prefer the yellow-orange of the background and his skin tone be more of a cream color and less of an orange-y color or if it looks fine as it is. The design is fantastic regardless.

It's based on a popular Mucha zodiac design, so I can't take full credit. : ) And thanks- on my screen his skin tone is a warm cream- but not very orange. I'll try fiddling with it while using another monitor.

wrongheaven said: I'm not a Doctor Who fan, but may I say that looks fantastic?

You definitely can!!! Lol, this took weeks. XD
    146 weeks ago
    Oh. My. F***.

This is brilliant !! i'll try to name a few (clockwise):
    Dalek
    dunno
    Cybermen
    (i don't know the name) those robot clowns with the mirrors on the spaceship.. -_-
    an Ood
    dunno
    dunno
    Jidoon
    Weeping Angels
    dunno
    Face of Boe
    Vashda Nerada

A definite must buy for me.
    146 weeks ago
    while I do think the whole Mucha-angle has been overdone lateley, this one is just very very nice in all its details.

colourwise you'd might wanna take down the blue a notch. against the background it just stands out too much. or maybe get the orange more vibrant to compensate for the blue. something like that ...
    146 weeks ago
    Wow! That is outstanding!
    146 weeks ago
    What about saying the Lonely God, put the Lonely Timelord? OTher than that I would buy it in a heart beat
    146 weeks ago
    wow that looks amazing!! i would so buy that.
    146 weeks ago
    marine3228 said: What about saying the Lonely God, put the Lonely Timelord? OTher than that I would buy it in a heart beat

I agree with Lonely Timelord sounds better than God. and I may be nitpicking here but how is the Face of Boe related to all the others besides that he was in doctor who? It seems like everything else are the bad guys for the 10th doctor. Just curious, I love the design and would def buy :)
    146 weeks ago
    Replaced Face of Boe with the Adipose?
    145 weeks ago
    Oh s***. That is awesome, good sir. I need this.
    145 weeks ago
    It's not actually the enemies in Doctor Who, it's just the various aliens/creatures encountered. Hence the Face of Boe, and the Hath (the fish fellows). The Ood aren't really enemies either, same with the Jidoon. I actually thought about using the Adipose, but I passed them up for one of these guys (although for the life of me I don't remember which). Does he really seem that out of place???

marine3228 said: What about saying the Lonely God, put the Lonely Timelord? OTher than that I would buy it in a heart beat

I put 'The Lonely God' because it was something he was called a few times through out the series. Personally, I think 'The Lonely Timelord' makes less sense (and I worry about fitting it in the space XD). Would 'The Last Timelord' be more appropriate?

And I've played with the colors a bit, sure enough when I displayed it on my tv, the colors were way more saturated than I thought. I've lightened the cream and gray, and darkened the blue. Thoughts???

The-Lonely-God-teeshirt-vers2-web.jpg
    145 weeks ago
    Two words: Instant. Buy.

I think the blue might be a little bit too dark, but that may be my personal preference speaking. What color shirt are you thinking this will be on?
    145 weeks ago
    I would love to have it printed on the brown used in the suit, but realistically it would probably be the cream. I think the brown is too dark to print on without a white primer ink, and sadly I'm already at the color limit. Maybe the light brown would be possible though? XD

And I'll check on the blue with my mom's desktop. My laptop's color display is killing me. x___x
    145 weeks ago
    i like the 1st blue better. Normally I don't buy white/cream shirts, but I would make an exception for this shirt. IF you could do it on another color like red or something else. There is a website you can put a design on a shirt and try many colors. IF it comes down to cream, I would still buy it.

what about replacing the cockroach with an adipose? I know that the cockroach comes into play with Donna and his friends, but I think people would know adipose compared to the cockroach.
    What about the Slitheen? I know the 9th doctor battled them and they were used a lot with Sara Jane Serires, but did number 10 ever face them?
    145 weeks ago
    The new colors are definitely better! I agree that I'd prefer it on a shirt color besides cream, I think the light brown would be beautiful but I don't know if it's dark enough that it will need a white layer or not. I'm cool with the characters the way they are, myself. He's surrounded by so many friends/creatures/acquaintances but yet he's still so alone and I just realized how well this design really captures that. Still awesome!
    145 weeks ago
    I like it quite a bit.

It's also interesting to me that this art nouveau style seems to be getting popular lately.

if this gets made as a shirt when i have money, I will certainly get it.
    145 weeks ago
    marine3228 said: i like the 1st blue better. Normally I don't buy white/cream shirts, but I would make an exception for this shirt. IF you could do it on another color like red or something else. There is a website you can put a design on a shirt and try many colors. IF it comes down to cream, I would still buy it.

what about replacing the cockroach with an adipose? I know that the cockroach comes into play with Donna and his friends, but I think people would know adipose compared to the cockroach.
    What about the Slitheen? I know the 9th doctor battled them and they were used a lot with Sara Jane Serires, but did number 10 ever face them?

Not on the TV show... but if the books add extra geek factor to it then yes.

200px-Slitheen_Exursion.jpg

Yes he did.
    145 weeks ago
    Jackpot777 said:
    marine3228 said: i like the 1st blue better. Normally I don't buy white/cream shirts, but I would make an exception for this shirt. IF you could do it on another color like red or something else. There is a website you can put a design on a shirt and try many colors. IF it comes down to cream, I would still buy it.

Not on the TV show... but if the books add extra geek factor to it then yes.

200px-Slitheen_Exursion.jpg

Yes he did.

well looks like I found my next book I am going to try and order online
    145 weeks ago
    I adore this. Definitely a buy, Heck, I'd even want it as a poster!

Also, I do agree that the dark blue on the second example is just a bit too dark. Maybe a closer or even lighter than the original?
    145 weeks ago
    I'd buy that shirt in a heartbeat.
    ... also, more beige instead of orange could improve the final result (in my opinion, of course). Awesome design :)
    145 weeks ago
    Wonderful shirt, it would be an instant buy for me (so long as it isn't on light blue or red). It'd make a wonderful poster as well! I think the surrounding creatures are perfectly identifiable. And it would work rather nice on the cream coloured shirt.
    145 weeks ago
    I WOULD BUY THIS BEFORE YOU COULD KNOCK FOUR TIMES. INSTABUY x A MILLION.
    145 weeks ago
    Okaaaaay. So I've changed the blue back, and fiddled with a few of the creatures. I flipped the Hath so he faces inwards, and made the beetle larger because I wasn't too sure about all that blue space. I thought about swapping him for an Adipose, but I've opted against it, I chose the beetle specifically because I thought he'd make a good Scorpio substitute. I've done that with as many as possible, actually (Hath - Pisces, Weeping Angels - Gemini, etc.) whatever I thought seemed most appropriate. Anyway, does the beetle look better larger, or..?

Also, I'm flattered so many people think it would make a good poster. My file is actually 3 by 4 feet, and I plan on doing a detailed coloring and putting it up on redbubble. :)

The-Lonely-God-teeshirt-vers3-web.jpg
    145 weeks ago
    woooo who....stick with lonely god...amazing...play down the bright blue in the backround leave it on his shirt...and make the orange ...i don't know....its who gone 70's with the orange...but that fits...did you try switching up the orange and blue???....amazing
  • Load More Comments