Back to forum
rss 146 weeks ago
here is another layout, but I come to relazie I have 7 colors unless if the shirt is blue, the blue on eagons shirt could just be the bluse of the shirt.

Photobucket
22Comments
    146 weeks ago
    I love it! Maybe make only one thing purple, like the background or tie only.
    146 weeks ago
    Alright bump and I finally READ what you said, and in that case if you've used up all your colors then I'd say it's pretty good. And maybe recolor the glasses black. It's tricky though because you just combined aspects of two iterations of the character. The Movie Egon and the Cartoon Egon. On one hand the basis of the character design is The Real Ghostbusters (cartoon) but you (thankfully) ditched the blonde hair and placed him in a MOVIE reference. It'll be interesting to see how many people get it or even recognize him. Yes the red glasses help him stand out as the cartoon version but that's a BIG requirement, having to have seen the cartoon. I've honestly only watched a few episodes myself.
    146 weeks ago
    i agree with the black glasses. Also what about using two notes and not 3? Either way i would buy it
    146 weeks ago
    While I think the graphic is really well done, I really have a feeling it's too obscure a reference for people to grab - I know I never would have guessed it in a million years if it had never been explained.
    146 weeks ago
    I like it! As far as it being obscure I definitely didn't get it until it was explained, but then I haven't seen Ghostbusters in years. To make it clearer, you might could add "Do Re Egon" underneath the staff, although I don't know if that might make it too obvious.
    146 weeks ago
    Photobucket
    146 weeks ago
    Photobucket
    146 weeks ago
    change the glasses black and I would buy it. Heck i would buy it even with the red glasses
    146 weeks ago
    Yes that's perfect with the "Do" and "Re" on the notes! Definitely helps make it clearer.
    146 weeks ago
    Love the design, but i do agree about the glasses..
    145 weeks ago
    I have just one last thing I'd suggest fixing, and if you ditch the red glasses (and tie) you'd have the extra color you need. Instead of suit and tie, give him the tan Ghostbusters uniform with the nametag "Spengler". That'll help people recognize him even more i think.
    145 weeks ago
    thats a real good idea. I was thinking about droping the red and making tie brown. But now that you mention the uniform i think thats a great idea ill get right on it and hope to have it up soon
    145 weeks ago
    well actually it wouldn't be the uniform, it would be a suit. IN the movie he was in court wearing a suit. (sorry being picky about one of my favorite movies) :-)

Either way it would be a insta buy for me
    145 weeks ago
    Photobucket
    145 weeks ago
    Photobucket

tell me what you think. Not sure which I like better
    145 weeks ago
    could you post a picture of him wearing black glasses?
    145 weeks ago
    Photobucket
    145 weeks ago
    yea the gray looks better. black tends to blend into the note
    145 weeks ago
    I'm pretty sure the notes are wrong. Shouldn't do be middle c?
    145 weeks ago
    Yeah go with the gray glasses, also mess with the nametag a bit. Maybe white tag with black littering, or black tag with white (not gray) lettering. Play with it. The black and gray is hard to read as it is.
    145 weeks ago
    Actually, Do can be any note you want it to be, so the pattern can start anywhere as long as Re is a whole step up from that, then another whole step to Mi, half step to Fa, whole to Sol, whole to La, whole to Ti, and one more half step to Do again. It's just a scale, can be any scale. Music theory lesson :)
    145 weeks ago
    need more characters