Back to forum
rss 146 weeks ago

I would love some advice on this.

Since Pluto isn't a planet, I felt this was a relevant topic to do a Sailor Moon parody design on... and I haven't seen Teefury do something related to Sailor Moon.

42Comments
    146 weeks ago
    Then of course, there could be this cleaner version with text at the bottom that makes it clear what the parody is about - Current Events/Sailor Moon:
    mockupwhite.jpg
    146 weeks ago
    Never saw the show much and not exactly a fan, but I chuckled at the design. I think it works better without the bottom text.
    146 weeks ago
    Nonetez said: Never saw the show much and not exactly a fan, but I chuckled at the design. I think it works better without the bottom text.

Agreed. Still think the white looks better, in general.
    146 weeks ago
    I agree the white one better, but without the text.
    146 weeks ago
    Nonetez said: I agree the white one better, but without the text.

And thus, this one is born:
    mockup2a.jpg
    Thanks for the feedback, Nonetez!
    146 weeks ago
    Respek.
    146 weeks ago
    I don't like that she doesn't have a face. That said, I don't think it would look as good with one.

It's a brilliant idea, and it really does look great, but things without faces creep me out.
    146 weeks ago
    Petrichor said: I don't like that she doesn't have a face. That said, I don't think it would look as good with one.

It's a brilliant idea, and it really does look great, but things without faces creep me out.

I was unsure how much that would enfringe upon copyright, so I didn't draw in the facial details. Maybe I should play around with some closed eyes/minor things so that are wouldn't be empty.
    146 weeks ago
    dfragrance said:
    I was unsure how much that would enfringe upon copyright, so I didn't draw in the facial details. Maybe I should play around with some closed eyes/minor things so that are wouldn't be empty.

I'm not sure either. Maybe just eyebrows or something? Like on Zero's 11 doctors tee?
    146 weeks ago
    Petrichor said:
    dfragrance said:

I'm not sure either. Maybe just eyebrows or something? Like on Zero's 11 doctors tee?

Ahhh, good idea!
    146 weeks ago
    Okay, so I tried just drawing in eyebrows, and then I tried drawing in the eyelashes, and then I tried just adding the nose. It ended up looking weird since the idea was to have large chunky blank spaces of color... and I don't want to do the eyes because that would be too close to copyright I think.

So I think I found a happy medium - the tiara:
    mockup3.jpg
    146 weeks ago
    Okay, I went over the design with my roommate (who is very gifted in design), and nailed down the final version to this: rachaelthomasdfragrance.jpg

We got it down to 6 colors, and made the background the planet Pluto in order to not have a distracting background... and to make the parody a little more obvious.

I have submitted it, so I hope it is received well!
    146 weeks ago
    I still like it more on white, but otherwise it's great! Even though I'm not sure I'd ever buy a Sailor Moon shirt myself, I know there have been a lot of requests for it!
    146 weeks ago
    OMG YES. In any form, yes. I like Pluto as the background, but the clock also makes sense (to fans, at least). Regardless, love it!
    146 weeks ago
    Good idea but with all the shading aren't you over the colour limit?
    146 weeks ago
    Jabberwocky said: Good idea but with all the shading aren't you over the colour limit?

I'm actually right at 6, if you don't count the shirt color (black). :D You have no idea how painfully agonizing it was to figure out what could and could not be cut, LOL.
    146 weeks ago
    I liked it a lot more with the clock face. Without the border around the clock, I don't think it would be as distracting. Then if you left the tiara (awesome idea, by the way) white and used the blue from the skirt as the banner like you did in the first ones, that should keep you within the color limit. (and I only say that because I'm not a huge fan of the banner being the skin tone)
    146 weeks ago
    most recent one is awesome! it's a great idea! im not a sailor moon guy, but its funny and i like it
    146 weeks ago
    I'd buy this in a second. I'm a huge SM fan.
    146 weeks ago
    I love it :D I think the clock is great for fans, but I really like the way having the planet pluto in the background makes the parody more obvious. I really think the tiara adds to the design - it's a shame it can't be yellow because of the colour limit!
    146 weeks ago
    Wow, thanks guys! I really do like both the clock and the planet... if the staff are interested in the design but want to see more detail, I'll sub the clock back in... maybe.
    146 weeks ago
    I love it and would get it in a heartbeat
    146 weeks ago
    I would buy!
    146 weeks ago
    I love this and would buy it ^_^
    146 weeks ago
    Both the planet and the clock look great, that's a hard decision. Too bad the tiara couldn't be yellow... Is there any reason not too include her staff? Or would that have just made it too cluttered? Regardless, I hope this gets picked. I'd probably end up buying it =) good luck!
  • Load More Comments