Back to forum
rss 160 weeks ago

Hi all, I'm new to TeeFury, and would love to get some feedback on this Fringe inspired design I'm working on.

Thanx!
17Comments
    160 weeks ago
    I like the idea with the zeppelin and the towers, but the colors are kind of messing with my head.

Random thought- This just made me think that a "Greetings from the Alterverse" kind of postcard design could be cool.
    160 weeks ago
    @ Petrichor-

Thanx! I tried toning down the color palette a bit. What do you think of these? (They still need some cleaning up, but trying to decide on what to do with the colors.)

snowglobe%20browns%20and%20blues.jpg
    160 weeks ago
    snowglobe%20grey%20and%20aqua%202.jpg"
    160 weeks ago
    I definitely like the blue/grey one the most, although I like that the Statue of Liberty is copper in the brown one. "I
    160 weeks ago
    Hmm, I'm not quite sure if the blue or brown ones work with me. The statue and the zeppelin are the same color, but they seem really off :/ The first one definitely has better contrast. But hey, if you could pull off a really nice design, I'll be sure to buy a Fringe shirt!
    160 weeks ago
    Yeah, I agree that the zeppelin and statue are not in sync with the rest yet. I'll keep working on the colors. Thanks!

@ drwhofan92- I did just submit a fringe/BTTF themed design (see below). I've got fringe on the brain these days!

FluxDivision.jpg
    160 weeks ago
    LOVE the BTF/Fringe one! I made a t-shirt in a class i took where i used the Fringe frog. LOVE fringe :)
    160 weeks ago
    I love both Fringe and BTTF! And yes, I have Fringe on my mind too, I've been watching season 3!
    I do like this design as well, it just wasn't so clear to me until I read what you wrote. It seems like you would have to have definitely watched both to understand it, which might be too vague for some people. I've noticed that a lot of people don't want others to have to think about the shirts!
    160 weeks ago
    thanks! here's one more fringe option. blueVerse vs redVerse Olivia. still too obscure? (i'm a fan, so i tend to like the things that fans might get, but outsiders might not get.)

savetheolivia.jpg
    160 weeks ago
    I would love another Fringe shirt, but to be honest - this one is not one I'd buy as is. I think the colors are off, and the gridlike pattern covering the whole "snowglobe" is completely distracting. If there was a way to adjust the colors, and remove that grid and work from there, I think it would be a shirt worth owning for sure.

I do worry though that people may be hesitant to wear a shirt with the Twin Towers on them - I usually use my Teefury shirts as a coolness test - if someone gets the reference, I know they're cool ;P And I think most people would not get the Fringe reference and just think I was wearing an odd shirt with the Twin Towers on it.
    160 weeks ago
    I agree with wrongheaven, some people might be hesitant about wearing a shirt with the twin towers on them. Especially true from my point of view, since I live in nyc.

I really do love the last Olivia one! I think Olivia Dunham is just so badass. I would totally but an Olivia shirt, even this, I just think that the mixture of the bold text with the symbols is really busy. Maybe just keep the one on top and extend the text? You can definitely play around with that and see what works.
    160 weeks ago
    Thanks for the ideas. Good point that the twin towers might not go so well (especially with something flying right next to them!)

@drwhofan92- thanks for the suggestions about the text/symbols. I also tried changing the background and font, to soften a bit, and revising the symbols a bit.

olivia%20tee%20grey%20background.jpg
    160 weeks ago
    The Olivia/Fauxlivia shirt with the white background is fking aweosme!!!! :) i'd buy it!
    160 weeks ago
    I think it would look really great if you could combine the font from the white olivia shirt with the white backgroud with the changes you made in the grey olivia shirt. the design definitely pops out more with the white background
    160 weeks ago
    Thanks for the help!!! I admit I am sometimes in the "I hate white t-shirts" camp, but I agree that the white is really striking with this design.

olivia%20tee%20final.jpg
    159 weeks ago
    Ooooooh it's perfect!!! I hope it gets printed because I will SO buy this.
    159 weeks ago
    Thanks. Submitted! :)