Back to forum
rss 160 weeks ago
No comments to my previous post, so maybe it's not up to snuff. Any comments/constructive crits?

chaka.mockup
4Comments
    160 weeks ago
    Concept is great. Lost, and Land Of The Lost. I'm surprised nobody noticed it the first time (although I didn't notice the thread the first time either... I sometimes feel I'm the only one posting here for fun some days!).

The thing about the design is, there are large dharma logos online that Google Images finds quite easily, and this is a link to one of them. A search for dharma produced a lot, a search for Natural Law symbol does too, and even a search for Ying & Yang displays a few. So it registers in the part of my brain that says "if I could do this in five minutes myself, and I really wanted the t-shirt, why wouldn't I just do it and upload it to RedBubble?"
    160 weeks ago
    Hmm, hadn't really thought of similar designs out there, but I guess I just thought this hadn't been done HERE before. Even though there are other Dharma logo designs, this one is different even in terms of the black bar groups around the center graphic. I didn't want to copy, paste, and auto trace... I don't like that mess. So, in short, all elements here were vectored by me the "correct" way.

Maybe I can tweek it if it doesn't get chosen within the next few weeks to add some other elements that set it apart from the "just another Dharma logo" group. Any ideas around that? I'll give the RedBubble thing some thought, too.

I have 5-6 other concepts I'm fleshing out, this was just the one that got completed first, partly because of it's relative simplicity.

Thanks for the feedback!
    160 weeks ago
    I like it as is. I haven't seen enough LOST to get that part of it, but I got the "Land of the Lost" part easily. :)
    160 weeks ago
    dmacias said: Hmm, hadn't really thought of similar designs out there, but I guess I just thought this hadn't been done HERE before. Even though there are other Dharma logo designs, this one is different even in terms of the black bar groups around the center graphic. I didn't want to copy, paste, and auto trace... I don't like that mess. So, in short, all elements here were vectored by me the "correct" way.

Maybe I can tweek it if it doesn't get chosen within the next few weeks to add some other elements that set it apart from the "just another Dharma logo" group. Any ideas around that? I'll give the RedBubble thing some thought, too.

I have 5-6 other concepts I'm fleshing out, this was just the one that got completed first, partly because of it's relative simplicity.

Thanks for the feedback!

I wouldn't let it worry you... one of the upcoming designs is a direct 'port', 'homage' if you will, of the Andre The Giant Has A Posse sticker (which was designed by the same guy that did the Obama 4-color poster). And I just submitted a Tiny Wings 'appreciation piece' myself.

Nothing new under the sun. And this symbol is centuries old. Saying it's copying would be like saying I'm just using words that other people have said before me (which is true).