Back to forum
rss 148 weeks ago

This is an ad for dip; the nasty stuff the judge in "Who Framed Rodger Rabbit" (one of my favorite movies) used to try and destroy toontown. I tried to make it look a little old-timey (as the movie takes place in the 1930's), and I think I'll try to add some red shading around the lovely model housewife.

I wanted to know what people thought of it; if any of the shading looked weird, or if it looked incomplete in any way. Thanks.
5Comments
    148 weeks ago
    I really like it! but for me personaly i would loose the word bubble, and the thanks dip parts.leave the rest as is and i would buy this for sure
    148 weeks ago
    Alright, thank you. Something else needs to go there, if not the word bubble, though. I might put in the writing at the bottom instead of her little product review.
    148 weeks ago
    The phrase "Thanks, Dip!™" would be a trademark, but I think the company name would be a registered trademark so would be "Acme Dip®".

The phrase is used to promote the goods in question (so it's just a trademark), but the company name/logo (and the font it's rendered in, its color, its specific dimensions) should be a RABOL (Registered & Authorised Business Logo) so it would be a registered trademark.

Real life example: the name McDonalds and the double arches are registered when it comes to fast fod restaurants. But "i'm lovin' it" is just their catchphrase of the moment. However, it's connected to the company through their advertisements and in-store displays, so it's a trademark.

McDonalds%20I'm%20lovin%20it%20logo.jpg
    148 weeks ago
    Okay, I got it. Thanks, man, you're really helpful.
    148 weeks ago
    Just a thought for how you can include some more words without it getting too crowded. You know those 'star stickers' on ads...?

new-and-improved_design.pngbuy2_get1_free1.jpg

...you could have one of two with "DISSOLVE THOSE TOONS!" or "CONTAINS PURE TURPENTINE" on them.