Back to forum
rss 147 weeks ago
This is a concept I've been playing around with for a couple of days now and am wondering how close everyone thought it was to being "good" enough to submit. The overall plan would have been to do the entire gang, but the 6 color cutoff makes it a bit hard. Any feedback or pointers would be great and thanks in advance.

Photobucket
9Comments
    147 weeks ago
    Personally, I would leave out the briefcase.
    Also, I don't know that I like the pink against the red. Everything else is so high contrast that it seems to get too lost.
    147 weeks ago
    I really like the design but you're right, it would be better with all of them. Too bad there's a color limit.
    147 weeks ago
    Thanks for the comments. I agree with the contrast issue regarding the pink. I'm trying to come up with a solution that allows for the splatter and the pink both. I obviously need the pink for the gimmick and I like the way the splatter lends to a negative space effect on the crayon- because I really don't like the way the crayon looks when a stroke is added to outline the crayon. Any more comments or suggestions would be great.
    147 weeks ago
    This one might give you an idea:

akv4uv.jpg
    147 weeks ago
    @tongal So do you think I'd be better off going with a color similar to the pink used, i.e. the image above?
    147 weeks ago
    that would suit better if you ask me. also, i barely remember
    the movie but you might pick a climax moment in it like this one:

4ibs4i.jpg
    147 weeks ago
    I went away from the blood splatter as I started to see, and was pointed out, that the red was really taking away from the pink. So, I decided to go with more of a color splatter with some complimentary colors that weren't too garish on the eyes. I also moved the splatter further down the body so it wouldn't crowd the "head" as much. I also swapped between the blue splatter / white background and vice versa. Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated as I would really like to see this make print.

Photobucket

Photobucket
    147 weeks ago
    Personally I like the blue. It really makes the pink pop and from what I've seen a lot of people don't like to buy white shirts. Nice job and concept!
    147 weeks ago
    Beautiful idea. Got to give it some love.