Back to forum
rss 147 weeks ago
Hello Teefury, I have this designs for you to critique.

The Logo
The Body

Any constructive feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

It's a bit of a far cry from anything the site has had before.
6Comments
    147 weeks ago
    That's because most of us don't take old memes from the Internet, draw a body on them in MSPaint, and try to get hundreds of people to buy it.

You know what? I've said before I don't want the reputation as a curmudgeon: ssmurf that. I'm tearing these kinds of submissions a new one.

Ever see American Idol / X Factor / any talent show in its early rounds? People without the ability to sing (to a level that people would buy CDs of their singing) wait for hours, then audition with the worst voices imaginable. And the judges look at them and say "what the **** are you doing?" And some of them are shocked they were critiqued so hard because they thought all they had to do was show up and people would be throwing money at their feet?

It's called the Dunning-Kruger Effect. Google it. "A far cry from anything" ...have you SEEN some of the designs in the gallery? Have you?

The most interesting part of the design is Trollface. And it's not even your design. This would look OK on 4chan, and even then there are better designs with the face. I'VE made designs with Trollface on them and posted them on /b/, for ****'s sake.

Problem?
    147 weeks ago
    Jackpot777 said: That's because most of us don't take old memes from the Internet, draw a body on them in MSPaint, and try to get hundreds of people to buy it.

You know what? I've said before I don't want the reputation as a curmudgeon: ssmurf that. I'm tearing these kinds of submissions a new one.

Ever see American Idol / X Factor / any talent show in its early rounds? People without the ability to sing (to a level that people would buy CDs of their singing) wait for hours, then audition with the worst voices imaginable. And the judges look at them and say "what the **** are you doing?" And some of them are shocked they were critiqued so hard because they thought all they had to do was show up and people would be throwing money at their feet?

It's called the Dunning-Kruger Effect. Google it. "A far cry from anything" ...have you SEEN some of the designs in the gallery? Have you?

The most interesting part of the design is Trollface. And it's not even your design. This would look OK on 4chan, and even then there are better designs with the face. I'VE made designs with Trollface on them and posted them on /b/, for ****'s sake.

Problem?

You've been trolled by OP, don't you see?. U mad?
    147 weeks ago
    Superwasbeer said:
    You've been trolled by OP, don't you see?. U mad?

To help me relax because I was trolled hard by OP, I'm going to do this soothing puzzle, starting at the little girl with the balloon.

Photobucket

FFFFUUUU--
    147 weeks ago
    And what's worse, it's 90 degrees here and the pool's closed.
    147 weeks ago
    I wouldn't want to catch you on a bad day jackpot! Haha but seriously I agree cut and paste/ insert filter is not design im sorry. I consider myself one of the poorer amateur artists (been designing for like 6 months) and even my stuff includes more effort.
    147 weeks ago
    Or if you're anything like me, if you can't make anything cool, just don't make'em... or better yet, tell other people to make them.