Back to forum
rss 148 weeks ago
Hello again! It's been a while since I posted a new design on here, but I've been using Illustrator to try and learn vectors to bring my work up a notch. Here is my first ever Vector-based tee:

Thoughts, comments questions? I love Feedback!
39Comments
    148 weeks ago
    Well, it's got potential.
    (love the solitary leaf, there.)
    148 weeks ago
    It's a tribute. He's my favorite Character!
    148 weeks ago
    Great design, and the "leaf on the wind" is a great touch. :o)
    148 weeks ago
    I love the idea! Maybe a few less fireflies? It looks a little cluttered.
    148 weeks ago
    gotta agree with fightingfish, 1st impression was WAY too many fireflies.
    148 weeks ago
    Yeah, I'll take a few out...
    148 weeks ago
    Like the idea, great potential. However I'd swap out Mal for River and/or Kaylee in her frufru dress. If you love Mal so much you have to have him in it, give him a different pose. Maybe with the net resting over his shoulder.

And as others have said, it is cluttered and you should take a few out, yeah. But don't you dare remove the leaf.
    148 weeks ago
    Jabberwocky said: Like the idea, great potential. However I'd swap out Mal for River and/or Kaylee in her frufru dress. If you love Mal so much you have to have him in it, give him a different pose. Maybe with the net resting over his shoulder.

And as others have said, it is cluttered and you should take a few out, yeah. But don't you dare remove the leaf.

I agree, and think itnwould be awesome as kaylee or river or both
    148 weeks ago
    Prefrence on kaylee though :)
    148 weeks ago
    LOVE the concept! Not crazy about the giant net. Maybe if it was River or Kaylee grabbing for them or something. But GREAT start!
    148 weeks ago
    love it! if you can just make the light of the ship just in circles because it would look like it's bursting to light speed already, fireflies hovers :D just saying..and lessen them a little, overall, that is cool! :D
    148 weeks ago
    zerobriant said: love it! if you can just make the light of the ship just in circles because it would look like it's bursting to light speed already, fireflies hovers :D just saying..and lessen them a little, overall, that is cool! :D

By just in circles do you mean like looping around the back of the ship? Like it's leaving rings behind?
    148 weeks ago
    OEBlaze said:
    zerobriant said: love it! if you can just make the light of the ship just in circles because it would look like it's bursting to light speed already, fireflies hovers :D just saying..and lessen them a little, overall, that is cool! :D

By just in circles do you mean like looping around the back of the ship? Like it's leaving rings behind?
    nope just a glowing circle for each ship:D with halftone
    148 weeks ago
    something like this stock-photo-halftone-oval-frame-605251.jpg
    148 weeks ago
    something like this stock-photo-halftone-oval-frame-605251.jpg
    148 weeks ago
    @zerobriant Okay, yeah. I was planning on half-toning it, but as I'm new to Illustrator, I'm having trouble figuring it out. For now I just used a gradient to show where it would be half-toned. Wait, were you saying around the whole ship?
    148 weeks ago
    just behind the ship :D like a real firefly :D
    148 weeks ago
    zerobriant said: just behind the ship :D like a real firefly :D
    alright, I'll see what I can do. BTW, you're my favorite designer. Thanks for being awesome, and thanks for giving me advice :D
    148 weeks ago
    Thank you OEBlaze! glad i could help :D
    148 weeks ago
    what do u guys use to embed your WIP's onto here?
    148 weeks ago
    what do u guys use to embed your WIP's onto here?
    148 weeks ago
    Onimar said: what do u guys use to embed your WIP's onto here?

search the forums for TIPs by Jack77 he has all the details to help you:D
    147 weeks ago
    @zerobriant I still wasn't sure what you were thinking of, so I made up two designs.

5861146447_bc020a1f34_z.jpg

Were you talking about the one on the left or right? (The dots will probably be smaller, it's just for visibility and concept.)
    147 weeks ago
    right one please, (small glow) and that looks cool, just make sure the shirt color is not that dark, so you can still see the silhouette :D nice work.
    147 weeks ago
    I love this! The leaf on the wind especially
    I'd love to see Kaylee and River jumping for fireflies, but Mal does suit it more, considering he's Captain and all
  • Load More Comments