Back to forum
rss 148 weeks ago
I have a few WIP designs that I'd love advice on. And yes, I know Doctor Who is getting old in these parts xD But I'd still love to hear some advice on it.

I still haven't figured out where exactly I want to go with this design...I know the moon needs some work, but I can't decide if I want to make it a lake, or make Link sitting in the sky. Thoughts? My friend also says to make the background green because it's Link, but I like it this color...

And now for the Doctor Who...

Without colors:

Not that I think you can even tell what it is, but I am thinking of starting over. Not sure I'm happy with the more progressed result...

So, opinions on these works in progress would be really appreciated! I'm still a bit new to Illustrator...I've been using it less than a year...
10Comments
    148 weeks ago
    Ooh, it's his regeneration Sycorax-removed hand that Jack Harkness used as a Timelord detection thing.

I'm a geek!!
    148 weeks ago
    David Tennant is missing his glasses!
    148 weeks ago
    I thought about adding his glasses, but I wasn't sure. I also still need to add the pinstripes to the rest of his pants haha.

Soooo, no one has thoughts on the Link design? I could use some friendly critique.
    147 weeks ago
    Link is completely white. The mon is way mroe detailed wich makes the whole picture looks a bit awkward. So maybe change the moon like you said.

And i think i will prefer dark green aswell.
    147 weeks ago
    Ah yeah, I think I'll add some more detail to Link and maybe take away some from the moon...it might add some balance.

linkmoon-green.png

For some reason the green just isn't doing it for me...it's what everyone keeps saying though lol.
    147 weeks ago
    difficult choice indeed. i like em both now i have seen dark green aswell.
    147 weeks ago
    For the Zelda Shirt, I really don't think the green sits well. The Dark blue worked a lot better. Other than that, it looks pretty good, with some minor issues. The way Link is sitting looks a bit odd; It looks like he is balancing in a weird way... It's hard to explain, but to fix it, extending the board a little, and removing the gap between his legs and the board might help, if that makes sense. It looks like a reflection, as well, so maybe a water line in the back, or some ripples? It's very nice, I like it.
    147 weeks ago
    The Zelda one reminds me of the Dreamworks Boy. I thought that was what it was supposed to emulate. It'd be neat if you kinda tied those two together. :)
    147 weeks ago
    So I've played around with Link a bit more when I finally got the time. Fixed his arms (I mean, I wouldn't fish with my arms in the air like that lol. I meant to fix that long ago), and I'm playing around with the idea of him sitting in the clouds.

link-moon2.png

@itiebitie, that was part of the inspiration for the design! :) I thought about having him sit in the moon but it just felt odd because the moon is so creepy...lol.

@JellySnail, I tried ripples but it just did not look good. I had to flatten the moon to look more like a reflection and it just looked bad.

I am happier with this one. I made the moon lumpier and added a FluffySpam. Idk. I still need to work on my Who design xD
    147 weeks ago
    I like the arms better in this one, and I agree with the FluffySpam thing rather than the plank. The next game is set in the clouds so that works ;P