Back to forum
image zipper
rss 162 weeks ago
Hey everyone -

You may have noticed a recent change in the shipping rates and options that are offered during checkout. To those of you who have, here's a brief explanation of the changes:

For nearly 3 years, TeeFury has held the starting shipping rate it has offered to its customers at $2. During these 3 years, despite increases imposed by the shipping companies and the price of fuel, we have not increased the rate to our fans.

Unfortunately, we've held the $2 rate as long as possible, and are now at a point where some changes are needed.

The main changes:

$2 will now be $2.50 for a single shirt in the continental US.

Rates will then increase incrementally from there by weight and destination.

For international customers, we've added a new FedEx International Priority option that will allow a large portion of our international shipments to be delivered in 3 - 4 days with full tracking (not all countries will have this option).

We did our best to keep the increases as minimal as possible and appreciate everyone's understanding.

Thanks for being a part of TeeFury!

XOXO

The TeeFury Team
34Comments
    162 weeks ago
    Fifty cents?

tumblr_lgij552Qg81qh71uoo1_400.png
    162 weeks ago
    Isn't UK shipping actually cheaper?????
    162 weeks ago
    When prices go up, you have to charge more. No problem. Now, if you could only speed up the printing process.........
    162 weeks ago
    Just for the record (and I completely understand that you can't shoulder increasing shipping costs indefinitely):

For shipping shirts to Germany, the increase in the lowest available shipping charges for my "standard order" of 3 shirts (just below where import tax kicks in (it did in the past when ordering four shirts), which would add additional cost) went up 47.5% from 9 to 13.28 USD - more if the new shipping cost pushes it above the the above mentioned limit.

I'll see how that goes with today's order (simply can't resist Star Wars themed shirts ... ), and might have to restrain myself a bit more in the future....
    162 weeks ago
    You guys should think about a service for international orders, where you can "buffer" some shirts until you have a parcel of 3 orso ready, so you order & pay & you guys print, but keep them in a box somewhere until 3 or 4 different daily shirts are in there and then ship them. I would love to buy more, but shipping to Germany is bloody expensive if you ship every shirt on its own :( (not your fault, though).
    162 weeks ago
    Before the slowest international shipping for 1 tee was $9, today it's $7.04?
    Great deal for me.
    162 weeks ago
    Hmm, when I first found Teefury, I was so happy to find amazing shirts with some of the best designs ever printed for only $11 (including shipping). It was then increased to $12 and now $12.50. After following Teefury for almost 2 years now, I'm completely shocked that you guys have still been able to keep the prices so low! One of the main reasons I still love this website is because you strive to keep the prices as low as possible for the customers. You could easily jack up the prices and still see a great amount of sales, but your loyalty and dedication to the customer is one of my favorite things about Teefury and what makes this website so unique. Keep up the amazing work, Teefury. =D
    162 weeks ago
    Fine with me, the shirts are worth it. And I love that I can get expedited shipping for just 42 cents more!
    162 weeks ago
    woot
    162 weeks ago
    $12.00 or $12.50...still can't find such good quality shirts for so cheap =D
    162 weeks ago
    Fifty cents-ish increase? NOOOOOOokay.

Seriously, I see the "we've made some changes", and I begin panicking. I read the post, and if you hadn't noted it I wouldn't have even noticed.

Keep up the good work, y'all.
    162 weeks ago
    Jackpot777 said: Fifty cents?

tumblr_lgij552Qg81qh71uoo1_400.png

This pretty much sums up my thoughts haha
    162 weeks ago
    I have no qualms with price increases, as that is all part of business.

For those people that complain about paying $2.50 for postage try living in Australia and having to pay $9.

Still $19 for a t-shirt I like is cool with me, I'll still pay it....but.....I'm just giving fair warning to all those people that use the "I'm to poor to afford this shirt I so desperately want" excuse I will play the 'hard done by Aussie' and remind them they have it significantly easier.
    162 weeks ago
    International shipping seems to have gone down to $7.04! Is that a permanent change?! :P
    162 weeks ago
    Will the limit for max shirts per order still be 3, or will it increase to 12 as illustrated by the grab bag today? I also second the idea of holding shirts until you hit a minimum number before mailing -- shipping for one shirt may be $2.50, but I got all 12 of my grab bag shirts shipped for a little over $5, so putting more shirts in one shipment is definitely advantageous for the customer. I understand if Teefury has no way to implement an idea like this, though. I have no problem with the new increased shipping prices, by the way. :)
    162 weeks ago
    I realize 50 cents is a minuscule amount, but I have a hard time wanting to order and pay shipping already. Other comparable sites that offer daily shirts for 10 bucks don't charge shipping at all. In fact, I ordered a shirt of TeeFury and from the other site two weeks ago. I got the shirt from the other side within three days and I still haven't received the one I ordered from TeeFury... in fact, it hasn't even been shipped yet.

Again, I realize that this is a small increase, but I guess I don't understand why other similar sites apparently have less overhead and can do the same thing for free.
    162 weeks ago
    I appreciate that not only do you guys minimize your increases as much as possible, but that you're so transparent about it when you do make an increase. I'm sure you already realize it, but that buys so much good will from your customers. I wish more companies behaved this way.
    162 weeks ago
    lee_byway said: International shipping seems to have gone down to $7.04! Is that a permanent change?! :P

Me sad, thought I'd grab a 3 Tee grab bag but the shipping exeeded shirt prices. :(
    162 weeks ago
    codenamerocky said: I have no qualms with price increases, as that is all part of business.

For those people that complain about paying $2.50 for postage try living in Australia and having to pay $9.

Still $19 for a t-shirt I like is cool with me, I'll still pay it....but.....I'm just giving fair warning to all those people that use the "I'm to poor to afford this shirt I so desperately want" excuse I will play the 'hard done by Aussie' and remind them they have it significantly easier.

I agree. It's always annoyed me that people who are paying what amounts to pennies moan about the expense... With the $9 dollar shipping cost to the UK, I get a unique t shirt made from good cotton for a total of about £12 which I've always thought was more than reasonable. Well done, codenamerocky, for voicing my thoughts precisely!!
    162 weeks ago
    Compare this $2.50 to paying $10 at some other sites, $2.50 is fine with me
    162 weeks ago
    I'm all for the $.50 increase. That isn't going to stop me from buying, but having to wait to get the shirts shipped makes me miserable. You folks need a better printer. I'd pay a little more for the shirt for that too.
    162 weeks ago
    I also agree with the idea of having a way to get a minimum amount of shirts before shipping. I'd love to get more of your shirts, and being able to purchase a few different ones before shipping would be great.
    162 weeks ago
    vikoros said: I realize 50 cents is a minuscule amount, but I have a hard time wanting to order and pay shipping already. Other comparable sites that offer daily shirts for 10 bucks don't charge shipping at all. In fact, I ordered a shirt of TeeFury and from the other site two weeks ago. I got the shirt from the other side within three days and I still haven't received the one I ordered from TeeFury... in fact, it hasn't even been shipped yet.

Again, I realize that this is a small increase, but I guess I don't understand why other similar sites apparently have less overhead and can do the same thing for free.

The 'other site' that doesn't charge shipping - if it is the one I am thinking of [W!] - has MUCH flimsier tees which will wear out LONG before TeeFury shirts will. Cheaper tees, means less costs, means lower prices. I'd rather have shirts that I know will last a long time, than save a couple bucks.

In addition, the difference between delivery time by the 'other site' and this one is simple: TeeFury only prints the shirts AFTER the orders are in, so there are no 'leftovers' to store. No leftovers [no warehousing] means lower prices. The 'other site' apparently prints the shirts beforehand and guesses at how many will be needed [hence them occasionally having a 'sold out' sign during the 24 hours, and some tees available past the 24 hour point].

50¢ more for shipping? It's still a bargain for custom, high quality tees and delivery! [And many places charge much more for shipping, for much less service.] I appreciate that you all are committed to keeping prices this low, when others charge sometimes $25 for a shirt, with $6-8 for shipping!
    162 weeks ago
    Well, by now international shipping costs to Germany were 9.00 US-Dollars for up to 3 shirts including 1 smaller than size L, or for 2 shirts no matter the size. Now here are the new international shipping costs to Germany:

1x XXL: $9.70
    2x XXL: $13.28
    3x XXL: $18.65
    4x XXL: $22.23
    5x XXL: $25.81

This is a significant prize increase, but given the for us Europeans quite good exchange rates for Dollars to Euros, it still adds up to a reasonable t-shirt prize at the end. It's basically a good-bye to really cheap yet good quality shirts and hello to reasonable prize good quality shirts. Might have one effect though: Some people might not buy as many times as before any more - especially if they usually gang order to save on shipping costs, because while 1 shirt hasn't gone up so significantly in shipping, more than 1 shirt definitely has...

Cheers! ^^
    edDy
    162 weeks ago
    $.50 definitely won't keep me from ordering! I think myself, as well as a lot of other users, really appreciate you guys coming out and telling us about fee increases instead of just doing it with no warning. While I share the sentiment that $.50 isn't a big deal, it's so nice to know that you guys take the time to tell us about the little things so that when something big happens we know we can trust you to keep us in the loop!

• Load More Comments