One of these...

Photobucket

...heading to one of these...

Photobucket

...in one of these.

Photobucket

This will be my first vector-only creation.
4Comments
    162 weeks ago
    Inspiration for this piece...

6927-218312-1.jpg?rand=79B7E0A1-F2F3-59DC-13C841FC97380540
    162 weeks ago
    is that a game? I like the colored hills that looks sweet. I could see it coming together as long as it's done well.
    162 weeks ago
    It's Tiny Wings on the iPhone and iPad. It knocked Angry Birds off the top of the App Charts in late February / early March and has sold millions of copies. The last time I was this 'into' a computer game was Gran Turismo on the original Playstation.

Here's the official trailer for the game. I really hope it gets developed for other platforms because it's just pure fun.
    161 weeks ago
    The helicopter wasn't doing it for me. Plus: it wasn't my artwork, so I started from scratch.

The Bell 47 is the chopper from M*A*S*H, and it's perfect because it has a huge front window.

2194.jpg

However, as I was copying the design I didn't like the bare metal tail. I remembered the Wookie's chopper in Revenge Of The Sith.

wookie2.jpg

Curves. Floatation. Perfect. AS I drew my chopper, it started to look more like a dragonfly. I think I'm very happy with the result.

Photobucket

Looks like more than six colors, yes? The beauty of Halftone shading, ladies and gentlemen.

Photobucket

Six colors. And with the original game (see image above), the texture and qualities of the 'canvas' shows through. So I would definitely like a sky blue shirt.