Back to forum
rss 162 weeks ago
Old Toby
15Comments
    162 weeks ago
    no hobbit fans in these parts?
    162 weeks ago
    this is based of the Miller High Life logo, instead i used 'Old Toby' which is a name for the hobbitfolk's pipe-weed...so this is a hobbits 'high life'
    162 weeks ago
    Yeah, but it's not on the level of your map of Africa made out of butterflies. Now THAT was clever. This just looks a little uneven (the top right corner, you can see where there's an anchor point / node on the burgundy red that just bubbles in.

If you simplify the number of points on that line (see my Xeno's Walls & Floors thread, I have a post that has instructions for Inkscape and Adobe Illustrator), it'll look smoother.
    162 weeks ago
    well this is my first/rough draft which took me like 2 minutes to throw together, i always polish them after i show the concept to see if anyone digs it first. thanks for the concern though.
    162 weeks ago
    old toby, finest pipe-weed in the southfarthing
    162 weeks ago
    hobbit bump
    162 weeks ago
    I like it. But I don't think most would get it and would just think it's me wearing a beer shirt :p
    162 weeks ago
    (There's nothing wrong in wearing a beer shirt.)
    162 weeks ago
    yes beer is good for you lol
    162 weeks ago
    plus thats the fun of this shirt, people think its a regular cool beer shirt and POW you are a hobbit geek lol
    162 weeks ago
    That's so crazy, I've got something similar in the works. It's more along the lines of vintage cigarette/tobacco packaging though...

oldtoby_draft.jpg

I definitely like where your concept is headed. Anything related to Tolkien is a must-buy for me!

Also, be sure to check out my PBR/Smaug MashedPotato at RedBubble. Seems like you appreciate the hobbit/beer reference as much as I do :)
    162 weeks ago
    yeah i dig it Wheels! and i have seen the PBR/Smaug tee on tumblr, very cool stuff. I also did this other hobbit concept along with my miller high life idea.
    Longbottom Leaf
    162 weeks ago
    Very cool, dig the Longbottom Leaf design! Is it available to buy anywhere online?
    162 weeks ago
    Wheels said: Very cool, dig the Longbottom Leaf design! Is it available to buy anywhere online?

I subbed it here at Teefury a couple days ago, so hopefully they print it! Stay tuned!!!
    162 weeks ago
    Very much prefer the Longbottom Leaf one