Back to forum
rss 162 weeks ago
Hello everyone. I'm looking for some feedback on my designs and seeing if I'm going in the right direction. The Inspector Gadget/Robocop one is something I'm working on currently, so there's some tweaks to be made in Illustrator just yet. But does it generate any interest?

The three after that are designs I've submitted in the past. None of them were accepted and I was wondering if it was worth submitting them again if I made some tweaks to the designs. (Tweaks would definitely have to be made in color since I'm breaking a couple rules anyway.)

I'm just looking for a bit of insight, so thanks for taking time out of your day for me. =)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
7Comments
    162 weeks ago
    Bobba ♥ Samus is pure genius, love how they both form a heart shaped ... heart shape
    162 weeks ago
    With darker colored t-shirts, limit yourself to 5 ink colors. To ensure a true 'look', white is used as a sub-layer (think of it like trying to paint over a dark wall ...one coat of lighter paint is never enough).

The designs are great, though.
    162 weeks ago
    Boba loves Samus FTW.
    162 weeks ago
    Jackpot777 said: With darker colored t-shirts, limit yourself to 5 ink colors. To ensure a true 'look', white is used as a sub-layer (think of it like trying to paint over a dark wall ...one coat of lighter paint is never enough).

Okay, let's settle this; I keep hearing different things regarding shirt color and a white base. Can someone please give us a definite answer as to what is considered a "dark" shirt color? I thought black was the only problem color. And if there's white in the design, do you still need a seperate white base, or is the one layer enough? Thanks!
    162 weeks ago
    Ah geez... I got so riled up I forgot to comment on the designs! Boba and Samus is spectacular. The heart shape is indeed a nice touch. And I really dig your illustration style. Gadget and Robo is a really cool piece as well. Good luck!
    162 weeks ago
    manbat said:
    Jackpot777 said: With darker colored t-shirts, limit yourself to 5 ink colors. To ensure a true 'look', white is used as a sub-layer (think of it like trying to paint over a dark wall ...one coat of lighter paint is never enough).

Okay, let's settle this; I keep hearing different things regarding shirt color and a white base. Can someone please give us a definite answer as to what is considered a "dark" shirt color? I thought black was the only problem color. And if there's white in the design, do you still need a seperate white base, or is the one layer enough? Thanks!

I actually asked this a couple months ago. I know black, red, and green require a white base. And I suspect navy and charcoal do as well.

Anyway, thank you everyone for the compliments. I think I'll resubmit the Samus/Boba one with a few revisions.
    162 weeks ago
    Samus boba feet is saweeeet! Right up teefury's alley im surprised they didn't print it the first go around