Back to forum
rss 293 weeks ago
I know people have been asking about it each day on the main pgae, but I thought I'd make a thread so we can get an answer. What happened to the nice models on the front page who would wear those fake shirts?

I think they should come back because it looks more professional and would sell more shirts to newcomers that way.

Just a thought.
13Comments
    293 weeks ago
    Using the models is at the curator's discretion- some of us use them, some of us don't. Since the comments have been pretty close to 50/50 in favor of the models and against, this mix of models and non-models will probably continue.

Personally I think both are good- I'm usually looking more at the art that who is or isn't wearing it anyway ;)
    293 weeks ago
    Yeah but just using today's shirt mock up as an example, the man's shirt doesn't look very professional because the shadows are kinda uxed up. And there's a weird gradient to fill in where the back of the shirt should be.

Maybe its just me, but it kinda of turns me off to the shirt. Oh well.
    293 weeks ago
    I was looking back at the archives and the shirts from the very beginning or so show people wearing the printed versions. It does look alot nicer and might attract more buyers. But hey, thats just my opinion. I like what teefury does though because they have to have a new shirt everyday so it's tougher.

293 weeks ago
    variety, the spice of the fury.
    293 weeks ago
    i like having the models. i think it's much easier to tell how the shirt fits and looks. and i agree with Stormink, i don't like the shadows, especially on the guys, i find them distracting as well.

but i'd rather have a mix, then just the model-less pics.
    293 weeks ago
    yeah, im gonna agree with mj.
    i swear that i couldnt tell you if it had a model or not from memory. i strangely dont give a smurf whats in the shirt cause im looking at the design. i look at the detail image and then placement. i guess ive just bought enough shirts to know what its gonna look like from that information or something.
    293 weeks ago
    That Jimiyo is the one who doesn't use the models...

Almond Joys got Nutz.
    Mounds don't.
    Skor is buttery toffee enrobed in milk chocolate.

Shirt.woot uses these shoddy mock ups, but they sell thousands of shirts.

This is also a vaguely related article.

Less_is_Moren4dStandard.png
    293 weeks ago
    I personally can't stand the ai mock ups on woot.
    293 weeks ago
    I don't care how the models look or anything, but I do prefer it because it helps me visualize how the real shirt would look.
    By the way, I can't stand the woot mockups either.
    293 weeks ago
    I can't help but stare at the veins in the male model's arm before looking at the shirt.

I don't mind the shadows on mock ups. In real life your shirt is not always going to be pressed flat for easy viewing, so seeing it like that tells me if the shirt will still look bad-ass if I am only able to see a portion of it.

Woot mock ups are worthless. All they tell you is that the image is going to be centered, just like every other woot shirt.
    293 weeks ago
    "All they tell you is that the image is going to be centered, just like every other woot shirt."

Hehehehe.
    293 weeks ago
    That jimiyo is always starting trouble.

I back the curators here and say a little variety never hurt anyone. The mockups on the people are still just mockups, so ultimately neither are truly going to show you what the real shirt will look like. It's just a matter of personal taste, so why not let everyone have a little bit of what they prefer?
    293 weeks ago
    i don't care if they're on a model or not. if they were ever done away with, i would miss the guy. his arms are delicious.