Back to forum
rss 163 weeks ago
I need lots of feedback on this one because I don't really want to submit it as is. Here's what I need...

Title? (I was thinking either Dr. Mario, Dr. Gonzario, or Dr. Mario/Gonzo or anything else that's clever that you come up with)

Also I can not for the life of me get the font right. I spent hours and it still bugs me. What do you think?

Dr. Mario
12Comments
    163 weeks ago
    Feedback needed bump*
    163 weeks ago
    Well I personally think the design is pretty strong, I like the mushroom in the hand, the overall simplicity, the font is a little strange I assume it says Mario but it's a little lost, but I don't know a lot about Hunter Thompson either so I might be missing something. I think it looks worth pursuing.
    163 weeks ago
    Well hunter Thompson was known for creating a type of journalism called gonzo journalism and he made his own logo for it...

gonzo

The image depicts a double thumbed fist holding a peyote button with a dagger underheat. Also you can see the font I was trying (horribly) to mimic
    163 weeks ago
    Underneath*
    162 weeks ago
    Thanks for the info, I think that's pretty cool, have you considered including the text underneath. Also as far as the font goes I think you did a pretty good job it's really just the a that throws it. Overall it's a really strong image.
    162 weeks ago
    gonzo isn't just journalism. it's a way of life!

seriously, the idea with the mushroom is genius, but you need to work on that "text" ... the MARIO is indecipherable. the shapes fall apart because the gaps are too wide and fontwise ... the font in the logo doesn't work that way at all ... the M would look much more like the N in GONZO etc. it's a rather simple yet clever logo, I think the typography is an essential part of it and should be really really good ... right now it kinda ruins it (no offence)

if you can't actually draw it, find a font that's really close to that and tweak it a little ... should do the trick

if you get the text right there will be an instabuyer right here ...
    162 weeks ago
    No offense taken I agree 100% that the font ruins it. I realized exactly what you said (about the m looking more like the n) after I posted this. I wanted to keep the first letter rounded but I think ill abandon that thinking and see how it looks with a different font. Thanks for the advice maybe I wont give up on this one after all
    162 weeks ago
    Can't believe I almost abandoned this design when all I had to do was fix the font! Thanks a lot for the help guys...

Dr. Mario
    162 weeks ago
    The design itself looks fantastic, I might buy it based on that. But, I didn't get the reference until I saw the original picture. I'm not the biggest Thompson fan, but I have read a couple of his books years ago. I don't know how you could make the Thompson reference stronger, but you might want to consider it.

162 weeks ago
    Id wear that!
    162 weeks ago
    very good ... I don't think the Thompson reference is too weak ... Gonzo and the Gonzo fist / dagger were pretty much HST's coat of arms. it's kinda famous ...

just look at his good ol' pal Johnny Depp
    deppgonzo-1.jpg

johnny-depp-during-interviewi-believe--large-msg-11421082372-2.jpg
    162 weeks ago
    Ya im not sure if the reference is broad enough to print but maybe some of the tee fury staff are HST fans!