Back to forum
rss 163 weeks ago

This was just an idea I've had for awhile now that I started working on today. It needs tweaking. I feel like it's missing something, but I just can't put my finger on it. Any ideas?
5Comments
    163 weeks ago
    What abt the alliance flag somewhere? (American/Chinese) or te blur sun logo as it seems to be involved in everything in the firefly universe. Just a few ideas
    163 weeks ago
    Also that's a 'House' logo in the middle, note the walking stick.
    163 weeks ago
    Matt_Dearden said: Also that's a 'House' logo in the middle, note the walking stick.

Confirmed. A Google Image Search for 'House caduceus shows it was part of Fox's campaign for "House" in 2009.

You want ideas for what your piece needs, in the tweaking department? It needs you to put more than 5 minutes in being a tracer, ripping off someone else's design by lifting it wholesale and putting amreference from another show on a path, and ultimately planning to sell it to unsuspecting people online.

But what do I know? I actually design my ideas.
    163 weeks ago
    Matt_Dearden said: Also that's a 'House' logo in the middle, note the walking stick.

Oh drat! Back to the drawing board...

Jackpot777 said: It needs you to put more than 5 minutes in being a tracer, ripping off someone else's design by lifting it wholesale and putting amreference from another show on a path, and ultimately planning to sell it to unsuspecting people online.

I resent this. I made a mistake when searching for a reference image, it could happen to anyone. House's Snakes on a Cane logo is a spoof of the Caduceus, and thus looks very similar. I worked hard on this, and certainly did not trace it!

Woodythevet said: What abt the alliance flag somewhere? (American/Chinese) or te blur sun logo as it seems to be involved in everything in the firefly universe. Just a few ideas

Thanks for the suggestions! I like the idea of having the Alliance flag on there somewhere.
    163 weeks ago
    Jackpot777 said: It needs you to put more than 5 minutes in being a tracer, ripping off someone else's design by lifting it wholesale and putting amreference from another show on a path, and ultimately planning to sell it to unsuspecting people online.

I resent this. I made a mistake when searching for a reference image, it could happen to anyone. House's Snakes on a Cane logo is a spoof of the Caduceus, and thus looks very similar. I worked hard on this, and certainly did not trace it!

As you may. Because now we know you're not really just "searching for a reference image", you're taking someone else's idea (and a corporate idea, at that), making minor adjustments, and then trying to get a website to promote it so you can get $1 a shirt. And for every day TeeFury sells things like this, they're depriving people like Noiselessness, who I admitted has more talent in a fingernail than I do in my entire body of a day in the limelight.

I don't expect you to have shame in being contrite. Your response in being discovered was "back to the drawing board", a drawing board that isn't seeing much activity in this project. I'd just appreciate seeing something that looks like it's not an attempt to do the bare minimum for a payday, is all.