Back to forum
rss 150 weeks ago
Im just throwing this out there cuz it sounds like a lot of fun. Would anyone be interested in doing a teefury team design?

Here's what im thinking...
We start with a theme that everyone is comfortable with (perhaps something that we vote on). After that each person adds their little piece of flair to the design (kind of like a build your own story approach where one decision influences the next). I think it would be really fun and interesting and if we submit the shirt and it gets chosen maybe we can give the proceeds to a charity? Just a real fun, for the love of creation type thing...

Thoughts? Anybody in right off the bet?
10Comments
    150 weeks ago
    Bat*
    150 weeks ago
    How about this: we do caricatures of ourselves.

3298650577_1f52ea9d57.jpg

We need to agree on the colors.
    150 weeks ago
    Or: just add random Internet memes together. I did it once in a photoshop thread. Great fun.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I added Ceiling Cat to the Hindenburg. Someone else added Batman and Robin. Someone else put people in King Kong's hand... 

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

And in black and white, we can do four shades of gray. 
    150 weeks ago
    I think black and white is definitely the way to go it will allow for the most detail but keep everyone on the same page. Im not so sure about caricatures or internet memos because im not so sure one idea will inspire the next. With that said they are the best two ideas we got so far! Haha.

For me I love pop culture. Maybe we could pick something with a lot of characters (star wars, ghostbusters, ninja turtles etc etc) and each put our own spin on each (the many faces of Vader or something) I dunno. The best way to come up with a good idea is to have several to choose from!
    150 weeks ago
    Ok jackpot your caricature idea inspired me. How about a pop culture yearbook? You pick your favorite pop culture character and give them that senior portrait pose? Each persons character will be extremely unique and I think it could be really fun and possibly hilarious
    150 weeks ago
    beware1984 said: Ok jackpot your caricature idea inspired me. How about a pop culture yearbook? You pick your favorite pop culture character and give them that senior portrait pose? Each persons character will be extremely unique and I think it could be really fun and possibly hilarious

Nice idea. Anyone else?
    150 weeks ago
    Anyone? Bueller?
    150 weeks ago
    liking the yearbook idea, one question with that though, how do we determine who will get to participate, and how we mete out the much loved characters, we can't have every single picture be boba fett and that one guy from lost. Is there going to be one picture editor who will take submissions via e-mail and compile them into book/page format for the shirt? How do we determine which charity to give the money to? How do I know if I'm getting to involved and asking too many questions? Answer me, with one super long sentence in paragraph form XD.

So yes, I'm in, but see all points above.
    150 weeks ago
    Here's what im thinking. I will start with the template and one character then I will send a jpg to lucky since he was the second and from there each person passes it on to the next once they finish so essentially only one person is working at a time. That way we avoid doubling up on characters and it will be easy to determine who's next since we can just view this thread to see who's up. The charity thing can be voted on but since were artists maybe we should find something that keeps art in schools or something? Just one thought this is a democratic project all ideas will be considered. You can never be too involved with project awesome! (name pending)
    149 weeks ago
    I don't want this idea to die before it even starts. Anybody else in?