Back to forum
rss 150 weeks ago
...To give me some feedback on this design...

Orwell Wants You!
21Comments
    150 weeks ago
    It's hard to see Orwell on this Tee color. Perhaps add an outline to all the text, change the color of the shirt, or the color of the text.
    Clever!
    150 weeks ago
    Ya I think you're right ill try it on a darker tee I think
    150 weeks ago
    my 2 cents would be:
    maybe consider to make Orwell (the portrait that is) less squarish ... like, head + the collar or something? and it does look really American right now, don't forget that Orwell was a Brit
    150 weeks ago
    Why is George Orwell the author of Animal Farm getting voted in 84? I'm missing a joke somewhere.
    150 weeks ago
    not a joke, but a major part of literature. George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four... one of the most famous dystopian satires, en par with Huxley's Brave New World?
    150 weeks ago
    the line "Big Brother is Watching You" is straight outta that book ... read it, it's horrifying, but ... everyone should have read it (or at least watched the film)
    150 weeks ago
    Yes I thought about the fact he is british but I guess the reason it looks so american is because the inspiration was from american bumper stickers (also the reasoning for the square look. Maybe I should put an outline around it to emphasize it?
    150 weeks ago
    I like it, it's a very clever shirt design.
    150 weeks ago
    One idea: change the colors to marry the authoritarian color scheme of Ingsoc, the name of The Party. It adds a very Orwellian air to it. 

1984-movie-bb.jpg

Here's someone else's take on it. 

ingsoc.gif
    150 weeks ago
    Those are some sweet hockey jerseys! Let me mull over the ingsoc colors since that's not referenced in the novel (which is the only reference I've got since I never saw the film and can't find it cheap :/ ).
    150 weeks ago
    Ps thanks bruce!
    150 weeks ago
    beware1984 said: Those are some sweet hockey jerseys! Let me mull over the ingsoc colors since that's not referenced in the novel (which is the only reference I've got since I never saw the film and can't find it cheap :/ ).

The book was written in 1948. Fascism had just been stopped, but the next fear in the West was Stalin's reach with the USSR. Both the teddybears and the Soviets used very similar styles of art in their propaganda. Very stark, almost stenciled, using red with the black and white as the base colors. 

Sometimes using them as the only colors. 

0200906251336171002.jpg

check.jpg
    150 weeks ago
    (...and the filter changed the name of the political party from WW2 Germany into 'teddybears'. Nice touch...)
    150 weeks ago
    Looks like teefury should be called teefuhrer! (I kid I kid!) Teefurys got some 1984 of its own goin on with the censorship that's pretty funny. I think I shall change the colors thank you. As another question...is it too stark? Should I add something more? Maybe an ingsoc seal of approval?
    150 weeks ago
    I would definately buy a shirt if it was you avatar instead of this design, because that friend is a great, great image!
    150 weeks ago
    Hmm never thought about that I've always just kind of thought of it as my logo. Maybe ill submit it as a t design
    150 weeks ago
    Needs a bit more to it TBH... I didn't even get it being a reference to 1984 till halfway down the page and I've read the book plenty of times... Try and move away from the cutouts and go for something more creative... Something you'd feel awesome wearing. BTW just to Add I don't feel the type suite the theme ... Something based on your avatar would be an interesting concept!

On the subject of authoritarianism. I certainly wouldn't mind a V for Vendetta themed tee :)
    150 weeks ago
    Oh its supposed to be like a bumper sticker! See where you're coming from... A Big Brother is watching you would be a cool bumper sticker concept! :)
    147 weeks ago
    Ok its been a while and I've changed it up a bit. Is this one ready for a resubmit?

vote orwell
    147 weeks ago
    I think it's nearly there. the only two problems I see are minor:

1. the red and the background appear to have the same brightness, they nearly flicker. the brightness contrast should be a little bit ... bigger

2. the '84 sits too low ... I guess there's some mishap,becaase it seems to be the right size, it's just sits too low (should be in line wi the the VOTE ORWELL and the Orwell pic)

other than that ... I'd say it's ready
    147 weeks ago
    I see what you're saying. The grey will be a diff color im sure since I don't know the exact tee color. As for the 84 being too low I think the ingsoc sign is actually to high that's why it looks that way