Back to forum
rss 151 weeks ago
I finally made a True Blood design, and season 4 is just around the corner! I wanted it to look like those art nouveau absinthe posters, if you're a fan let me know what you think!

Chasing the "V" Fairy

some_text
23Comments
    151 weeks ago
    The whole using the exact verbiage/title of the show has major obvious legal problems especially coupled with a high degree of likeness.
    151 weeks ago
    Hmm I see...the text can be removed then without really affecting the design
    151 weeks ago
    The point is to make an interesting tee that's not really something you'd find as an official merchandise.

Or too much auto-trace.
    151 weeks ago
    I was a True Blood fan....until season 3 :(

what Jimiyo said + mind the bottle and the label (maybe the dog too)

the whole picture treatment gives it a very Mortal Kombat character select screen feel (Tera vs Bill)...lol

...and you left out Jessica! SHAME!!! SHAAAAME!!!!!!

Jessica fangs
    151 weeks ago
    Tuism said: The point is to make an interesting tee that's not really something you'd find as an official merchandise.

Or too much auto-trace.

It's just a design based off an old absinthe poster. I could remove the text, and the other characters and just make it like a drink logo shirt, I think the parody would be pretty safe then. I didn't auto trace anything either...
    151 weeks ago
    are gradients like that printable? The little knowledge of screenprinting I have says no?

cool design though even though I've never seen a single episode
    151 weeks ago
    actually scratch that you could do a split fount pull but those are inconsistent. hmm maybe they have a super secret machine that does it...
    151 weeks ago
    Hopefully this works better for teefury

some_text
    151 weeks ago
    beware1984 said: are gradients like that printable? The little knowledge of screenprinting I have says no?

There's a technique call halftones, and it's used to print "gradients"
    Jackpot 777 made a great post about it.

http://www.teefury.com/forum/4926/Six_colors_only___and_the_trick_of_extending_that_/

151 weeks ago
    OEBlaze said:
    beware1984 said: are gradients like that printable? The little knowledge of screenprinting I have says no?

There's a technique call halftones, and it's used to print "gradients"

Jackpot 777 made a great post about it.

http://www.teefury.com/forum/4926/Six_colors_only___and_the_trick_of_extending_that_/

Ya I know about halftones but that gradient didn't look like a halftone to me. Anyways sweet design change!
    151 weeks ago
    it's not, but Teefury can halftone on their end apparently.
    151 weeks ago
    That makes sense
    151 weeks ago
    spacemonkeydr said:
    Tuism said: The point is to make an interesting tee that's not really something you'd find as an official merchandise.

Or too much auto-trace.

It's just a design based off an old absinthe poster. I could remove the text, and the other characters and just make it like a drink logo shirt, I think the parody would be pretty safe then. I didn't auto trace anything either...

oops, sorry, they just looked very much like photocpoies of original actor/tresses... My bad.

The Changes are good :) The Absinthe link is lost on me tho, maybe someone else will get it more readily.
    151 weeks ago
    so which design trend did you actually have in mind when you started this? alcoholic labeling or faux nouveau?

in all seriousness though how do these trends even legitimize themselves.
    151 weeks ago
    with the above characters removed, you may wanna resize your main character ... make her bigger within the frame. looks abit lost inthere at the moment.
    also, try and shoft the focus on the bottle, that's what your faux ad pretends to advertise, so ... make it stand out from the design
    151 weeks ago
    kgullholmen said: with the above characters removed, you may wanna resize your main character ... make her bigger within the frame. looks abit lost inthere at the moment.

also, try and shoft the focus on the bottle, that's what your faux ad pretends to advertise, so ... make it stand out from the design

Yeah good advice, I may redo a design for it altogether. I was really going for the art nouveau absinthe label, kinda like Megan Lara's designs which I really like, but I guess nobody is digging it or getting it.
    151 weeks ago
    I love the whole idea of your Sookie shirts. Would love to see on teefury
    151 weeks ago
    WinterArtwork said: I was a True Blood fan....until season 3 :(

what Jimiyo said + mind the bottle and the label (maybe the dog too)

the whole picture treatment gives it a very Mortal Kombat character select screen feel (Tera vs Bill)...lol

...and you left out Jessica! SHAME!!! SHAAAAME!!!!!!

Jessica fangs

EXACTLY. Last Season was bad. My wife says the only reason shes still reading the books is just to see what happens but theyve been boring and really silly for a while. Everytime she says something about Sookies Fairy godmother I LOL
    151 weeks ago
    But regardless the design is very nice...and yes Jessica is the best part of the show :)
    151 weeks ago
    I get it and really love the idea! The 2nd version especially :)
    151 weeks ago
    Season 3 wasn't that bad at 1st, but yea the last couple of episodes were kinda bad.
    150 weeks ago
    I like the first version better, perhaps you could just leave off the text
    150 weeks ago
    Love the show. Nice job. Love it. But I agree, where was Jessica!