Back to forum
rss 164 weeks ago
My friend made a joke about this, and I don't know if I should pursue it. Is it funny or just offensive. I think it's funny, but I need to know what you guys think.
18Comments
    164 weeks ago
    LOL-Hitler_is_amused.jpg
    164 weeks ago
    i think it's brilliant.
    but as the recent events at cannes have proved, people are extremely sensitive about the subject.
    164 weeks ago
    It reminds me of this...

1204416704739.jpg

If you laugh, you're going to h-e-double hockey sticks!
    164 weeks ago
    I think the design would have more of a chance if it was more subtle. I'm thinking just have the "mein kraft" embossed in gold on the front, with a leathery cover. And with two pickaxes crossed like a logo, underneath the text and also embossed in gold. Something that makes it look more like a minecraft bible. Or more overtly, have a gold eagle holding pickaxes in it's claws.
    164 weeks ago
    also it would be "meine Kraft" as the word Kraft's grammatical gender is feminine

other than that ... I am from Germany where no day passes by without at least five TV shows or articles about Hitler, his war, his utter madness, his dogs, his trousers ... you name it

as for me, I'm certainly fed up with this cretin
    164 weeks ago
    I like the design as is, but it should just be the cover. Like, instead of a picture of a book on the shirt, the shirt graphic should just be what you have as the cover of the book. Most the people who actually get it, probably wouldn't be offended.
    164 weeks ago
    Yeah, in no ways was this the final design, I just wanted to get some opinions, because it is a touchy subject to some people.

I like the idea of the Eagle holding the pickaxes, and I will be sure to change the title to Meine Kraft.
    164 weeks ago
    Here's what I have so far:

5765303478_56f38c086f_z.jpg
    I need to clean up the eagle some, and I'm thinking of a slogan to put on a banner beneath the eagle. I'm also thinking of making the text look stitched rather than solid.

Also, Shirt color? I was thinking red, but everyone hates wearing redshirts.
    164 weeks ago
    Clever. However, I don't see Hitler themed shirts getting printed and that isn't exactly a bad thing.
    164 weeks ago
    HILARIOUS! But I'm sure someone will take offense to it--sad.
    164 weeks ago
    Sorry guys, but Hitler and nazi references aren't really in our range. Those topics are off-limits at TeeFury.
    164 weeks ago
    I did have an Inglorious Basterds shirt go up, but it follows this simple rule, and if you follow it too, you'll be much more successful...

killing teddybears = good
    anything else teddybears = bad
    164 weeks ago
    well you now what goes in the blank haha
    164 weeks ago
    it's a good and funny idea, Mein Kamfy chair is lol - (does it come from 4chan?) - but yeah it's way too sensitive to take to a commercial place.

I still love it tho :)
    164 weeks ago
    Yeah, I figured as much. Well, Thanks for letting me know MJ. It's better to find out like this than to wait and wonder why it wasn't chosen.

Maybe Hipster Hitler can use it as a "shirt"
    164 weeks ago
    Tuism said: it's a good and funny idea, Mein Kamfy chair is lol - (does it come from 4chan?) - but yeah it's way too sensitive to take to a commercial place.

I still love it tho :)

It was either a 4chan thing, a Fark 'Photoshop This' contest entry, or a Worth1000.com idea (which is 100% art).
    164 weeks ago
    here's the thing with Hitler-themed (or anything 3rd Reich related) stuff ... or that's how it is around here at least: either the wrong people like it for the wrong reasons, or ... well, try and walk around with something that does look very Nazi but isn't necessarily recognizable as satire (at least not by everyone). you either end up having the smurf kicked out of you or ... again the "wrong people" will approach you, until they find out it's supposed to be satire and again, you'll end up having the smurf kicked out of you, only by different guys.

that's a lot of pain for a fun shirt ...
    164 weeks ago
    clever and funny design :D But i will never buy something like that. I think about the people arround me.