Back to forum
rss 150 weeks ago
My friend made a joke about Minecraft basically being Limbo from Inception, and it inspired this design. What do you think? Or does it only make sense in my head?

Comments/Critiques welcome!
23Comments
    150 weeks ago
    To go from the creeper to Minecraft to limbo to inception is quite a toughie... But the art does look good!
    150 weeks ago
    Do you think I should loose the Creeper then?
    150 weeks ago
    Nice houssssssssssssssssse. Shame if anything happened to it...

(Sorry)
    150 weeks ago
    I like the comparison, but you're going to have a hard time coming up with a design that communicates it clearly.
    I think the problem is that the word "limbo" isn't really specific to inception.
    150 weeks ago
    Yeah... I'm trying to think of something to make it more Inception-y...
    150 weeks ago
    I think you're going to have to do what they did in the film.

Build entire cities with your wife.

For years.

In Minecraft.

Then take a screenshot and add the word Limbo.

Terrible idea??!
    150 weeks ago
    By the time i'm that old,My road trip will be over, and I won't need to make money for it!
    150 weeks ago
    Here's a slightly different approach, thoughts?

photostream
    150 weeks ago
    ... and it didn't go through.

5761659374_c8f55653d7_z.jpg

There we go... thoughts?
    150 weeks ago
    Spinning top, INSTANTLY makes me think of Inception.

Can you Halftone the creeper's face onto the background, so it's just visible through the hunter green? That way, you'd have it all. The creeper's face, the spinning top, and 'limbo' in Minecraft blocks.
    150 weeks ago
    So, like this??

5761250933_28f3c59654_z.jpg
    150 weeks ago
    Disco!!

(Sorry, got Pulp Fiction in my head today.)
    150 weeks ago
    Sorry, those three concepts just don't make sense in my mind as a story... You need to give bit of a story element to the whole composition so it MAKES SENSE somehow... Even if it's *yuck* a beer label lol :P
    150 weeks ago
    Or maybe have that default minecraft fella using the spinning top. Or have a boxy version of leo doing it. Or a creeper, just because they look so good.
    150 weeks ago
    popyea said: Or maybe have that default minecraft fella using the spinning top. Or have a boxy version of leo doing it. Or a creeper, just because they look so good.

A boxy version of the Leo Strut!

(ohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease...)

150 weeks ago
    I was working on it before you replied :D

5761681677_99abf45124_z.jpg
    150 weeks ago
    One arm needs to be bent. I know: not in Minecraft. But this is the Leo Strut, he does as he pleases!

leo_struts_photoshop_funny_61_Leo_strutting_gets_the_Photoshop_treatment_64_Photos__fullsize.jpeg?2894b262
    150 weeks ago
    yeah... I wanna stick with the Minecraft look though, and the strut's not really "Inception" it's more of just a funny thing Leo did.
    150 weeks ago
    Do you think that'd be good once I clean up the Leo character though?
    149 weeks ago
    I think I like the simplicity of this one:
    5761659374_c8f55653d7_z.jpg

I'm not sure if I should have the yop behind the words, or on top of them. Also, what do you think about adding the other Totems?
    149 weeks ago
    Im not sure this whole concept is ever gonna come together, I mean isn't it kind of an inside joke with you and your friend? Or do others naturally associate the two?
    149 weeks ago
    I've seen some posts on forums and stuff, but just because it's an "inside joke" doesn't rule it out for a tee. As long as people can get the idea that Minecraft is Inception's Limbo, they can get the joke.
    149 weeks ago
    Oh ok that's what I wasn't sure about. I've never played minecraft so I dunno.