Back to forum
rss 151 weeks ago
WIP
What do you think? I call it "LOL", get it 'Ello Ale.
Started this tonight. Thought I would get some feedback.

Photobucket
16Comments
    151 weeks ago
    Is there a reference to something? I don't get it :) But the creature looks cute. I don't understand the relationship between "LOL" and a maze and a furry creature and beer....
    151 weeks ago
    I love the little caterpillar from Labyrinth and it is one of my favorite movies, but I don't get how LOL or Ale relate at all.
    151 weeks ago
    pop art beer designs have become a full fledged trend...lol
    151 weeks ago
    LOL is just what I call it. I wanted to do a design with the worm, and if you say "Ello Ale" it sounds like the letters "L-O-L". Just using the most over used trend in texting and online messaging, and a hugely cult classic movie, for inspiration in some art.
    Ello = L O Ale = L

Originally I started doing a Tea design with him, until I noticed Ello Ale was fun to say. I still might do a Tea design as well.

Tuism: The Creature is a worm from the movie Labyrinth, which takes place in a labyrinth (or maze), "ello" is what the worm is famous for saying. He has a very short scene where he says "Ello" to the main character and she replies, "Did you just say hello?" and he answers "No I said ello, but that's close enough." Eternal Stench Brewing Co is a ref to another scene in the movie, in which they end up in the Bog of Eternal Stench.
    151 weeks ago
    or combining them together tea and ale

Photobucket

"Come on in, and have a nice cup a tea."
    151 weeks ago
    I love it!
    151 weeks ago
    I absolutely love anything to do with Labyrinth, and I like this idea a lot. I'm just not fond of how the little caterpillar is done I guess? Not sure how to change it, just needs to be fine-tuned I suppose.
    151 weeks ago
    I love labyrinth and I love the idea of this tee. But, it's a bit, I don't know...crowded for my tastes.
    151 weeks ago
    The bottom text simply looks bad layered on top of the great maze background you've got going on, and I'm honestly not sure how one could go about making it look any better. I would just remove it all together, but feel free to try incorporating it in a more eye pleasing way. I think the name of the design by itself is clever enough as it is though.

The worm also needs refinement. It's a good likeness, but it just seems like it's missing something...
    151 weeks ago
    Scafl said: The bottom text simply looks bad layered on top of the great maze background you've got going on, and I'm honestly not sure how one could go about making it look any better. I would just remove it all together, but feel free to try incorporating it in a more eye pleasing way. I think the name of the design by itself is clever enough as it is though.

The worm also needs refinement. It's a good likeness, but it just seems like it's missing something...

I actually just shortened the maze and put the text below it, prior to reading this, for this reason. As for the worm, I'm trying to find a way to shade him, that doesn't make it look bad... so far no luck.
    151 weeks ago
    I also added lipstick arrows into the maze design.
    151 weeks ago
    Photobucket
    150 weeks ago
    Love the concept, and the background map. But doesn't he say "Allow"? And he mensions a mrs. Now there's a chance to get creative.
    I would like to try this green tea ale though
    150 weeks ago
    I LOVE Labyrinth, but I agree with others that this is just a bit too busy. Personally, I'd remove the labyrinth and the text at the bottom.
    89 weeks ago
    needs a better maze
    89 weeks ago
    I want it. Plain and simple.